Santro LPG: Poor quality, Poor mileage, Bad service

• Appearance

Pros : Spacious

Cons : Poor quality, Poor mileage, Bad service

Santro LPG gives a very poor mileage on city driving conditions. For gives me around 8 km/lit. Hyundai apparently has no experience in making non petrol variants. Also the Santro LPG models have a very significant design problem with their clutch assemblies. The clutch assembly gets burnt very frequently. I had to replace the entire clutch assembly thrice in a period of 1.5 years. The problem still continues. None of their service-men are able to reapir it. Apparently they are incompetent to handle any such cases. It is extremely sad that Hyundai customer service is so bad that they hardly bothered to respond to my repeated complaints. They, as usual, blame it on my driving pattern. I, also own Maruti Wagon R, also an LPG model since last 3.5 years and never had a single problem with the vehicle. Also, my Wagon-R gives me a extremey modest mileage of over 15 km on the same city conditions. I would highly recommend not to opt for Hyundai vehicles that too LPG model are a strict no-no.

Comments Hyundai Santro Xing
  • brao |17 Aug,2010 09:52:03 AM

It is very correct. My experience is also the same. I have burnt clutch 2 times in one year and third one is very nearby. The Huandai people need to check their designs for SANTRO LPG Variant imemediatley.

• Madhu |05 Jun,2011 12:28:57 PM

I have the same experience now on my 2011 Santro eCO LPG model.Unfortunately I did not read this before. I purchased my vehicle just 4 months back in Feb 2011. Now the clutch has completely burnt out costs nearly Rs.6000 to replace it and that too does not fall under warranty. They blame my driving habits but I am not sure whether thats true. :( Please check before you buy. Still Santro is superb to handle and I love it as my first car. Thanks Madhu

• Deepak |08 Jul,2011 03:54:00 PM

Please provide the mileage of LPG in city

Vikas |02 Jun,2012 06:26:39 PM

not more than 8 km on LPG under city conditions

• prem |02 Jun,2012 03:41:49 PM

had i read this review before i couldnt have purchased..anyway i did now i have to suffer.sales people said it will give 12 to 13 km mileage..that is how these corporates cheat gives u 6/7..value for our money is zero.forget about vehicle is stopping abruptly in traffic in lpg anyone thinking of buying make sure you buy lot of jandubalm/disprin tabs before you buy this scrap

• Vikas |02 Jun,2012 06:41:40 PM

From my experience I have discovered a way to get around the unusual roaring of engine. The fuel injection of this shitty vehicle is controlled by an on board micro-controller. The hyundai santro software that runs on this is responsible for all the problems. It tries to manipulate the system to raise the power which ultimately results in the clutch assembly to burn. Reset the microcontroller memory once a month or whenever the engine starts roaring unusually high. You can reset the memory by disconnecting the power supply from the battery from some time, say about a minute. Loosen the nuts of one of the battery node and detach it and leave it for sometime. This will disconnect the power supply to the micro-controller. Then restore the power supply. Then test drive the vehicle nad you will notice an usual smoothness in the drive as if you have serviced it.

Hyundai Santro Xing review scorecard