Hyundai Santro Xing: First Car First Choice!!

• Appearance

Hello Everyone, Santro Xing was my first car and although I have a Ford Fiesta as well, I still prefer to drive Santro as it is a pleasure on the roads of Delhi. It actually cruises like water and navigation is extremely simple with the well placed and easy to operate controls. Pick up and brakes are really good and makes the driving in the city traffic with frequent signals and road-blocks a joy ride. It is a fact that on every signal my car traces the fastest, indeed a great pick-up. The car performs great both on highways and in the midst of heavy city traffic. I really like the seating comfort provided by the car, as it is a bit high and very bucketed. A small family of up to 4-5 people would find themselves absolutely comfortable while on a drive. I get an average of 13kmpl on patchy city roads, and wish to have a few kilometers more on that front. However, as far as mileage is concerned I feel that with regular maintenance, constant speed driving and good quality fuel can really improve the efficiency of the engine. I have had an experience of seating in various hatchbacks in the same range, but found the air-conditioner and interior comforts the best in the Santro Xing. I have gone through a number of reviews on the car and found people complaining of certain issues, but I myself have been driving the car for quite some time now and didn't face any issue, rather I am really happy and won't be lazy in suggesting my friends to go for Santro Xing, as it is simply superb.

Comments Hyundai Santro Xing
  • yash |29 Apr,2010 11:51:53 AM

• Sameer Sherawat |03 May,2010 08:54:57 AM

Great details...I loved the review. I mean the way you have described it, I actually had a virtual drive with Santro Xing.Loved it completely...thanks

• Mukund |02 Jun,2010 08:20:22 AM

Hi Tamanna, thanks for sharing your experience - and about your comment "have had an experience of seating in various hatchbacks in the same range", it doesn't have seating comforts (5 Seats)?

• sridhar |24 Jan,2011 11:15:50 PM

you prefer santro , even though you have ford fiesta.... this says it all..... your commentary is really interesting and great....

Hyundai Santro Xing review scorecard