Bad mileage please help!!

By for Hyundai Santro Xing 2013-03-09 01:17:49.0
  • Appearance

Pros : pickup, ride quality, front seats comfort

Cons : mileage, back seat space

I bought a 2003 model santro xing xp. Its a good car if not for the mileage. Inspite of me driving as slow as possible withour reving the engine much I get a mileage of on 11 km/l without ac which is equavalent to a bigger car like a swift zire which i also drive. This car has only run 48000 kms and the engine and everythingelse seems to be in a good condition. I enquired at Trident Hyundai and they say that I cant expect more than 11/12 km per litre. But on the internet its mentionde that we can get atleast 14-15 km/l. Please let me know if need to check on any particular thing to improve the mileage. Thanks for your help in advance............. What i cant understand is how can a smaller car drink more petrol.   Look and Style - good   Comfort - decent   Pickup - Great   Mileage - 11km/l   Best Features- pickup, ride quality, front seats comfort   Needs to improve - mileage, back seat space   Overall Experience - ok

• Ripudaman Singh |27 Apr,2013 08:01:14 AM

I own 2006 model santro xing. its giving 9 kmpl. i visited many times to the service center but result is nil. so from fuel economy point of view a very bad car

• sh jagdishraisuthar |05 Jul,2013 11:50:56 PM

thanks

• Dharmesh |22 May,2014 07:30:00 PM

Hi Sudhindra, Please check following things 1) Are you driving in very high traffic areas ? then it will give you the 12-13 Kms 2 ) Which method you are using to check mileage ? I suggest you to use tank full to tank full method. Also from the same petrol pump and same machine too. Also try to change the petrol pump to the one which provides clean fuel, choose a BP or IOC they have a better reputation. Also get the petrol in the early morning and avoid fuelling in high temperatures. You can also try petrol additive like Indian OIL AddOn, this will cost you 24 Rs for 20 Litres of petrol, so for a tank full you will need 1.5 bottles of this. This will clean your fuel injector system and certainly improve the mileage as well as the pickup, I have been using it for long 3) Do you use clutch too much? if yes then please avoid using clutch except for gear changes only. BTW, I have been using Santro Xing 2007 model since 2007 and does not have any comlaints, it is giving me 17 without AC and 15-16 with 1/2 the time AC on a highway run constantly for last many months. Hope this helps. If something else come to my mind I will post.

raghavan |04 Jun,2014 10:21:22 AM

I am going to Purchase a second hand car from a single user.Model is 2009 and gone about 100000 km.They are saying it is giving about 13kml mileage without AC and 12 with AC.If i go for LPG it s giving 10km.Can i prefer going to this one.