The i20, A Premium Compact Car

• Appearance

Pros : performence, foot space, style, interiors as wel as exteriors

Cons : expensive, same i10 engine, fuel economy.

The Hyundai i20 is a very good car in this segment, if we talk about Hyundai i20's engine than here we find that it is same as of the Hyundai i10. Hyundai i20 is a bit bigger than its old model i10 and also better in terms of foot spacing, both front and rear, comfort, The Hyundai i20 comes with these features: A multi-information display (which includes trip distance, engine running time, calendar, clock, temperature and audio display) AC/heating, tilt & telescopic steering, 60:40 split folding rear seats, dual tone beige interiors, 2 DIN CD + MP3 Music System, front & rear power windows, refrigerated glove box, and tachometer, as standard equipment. While the top-end model of the i20 comes with features like fully automatic A/C, leather wrapped steering wheel and TGS knob, steering mounted audio control (a first for this segment), foldable key with keyless entry function, alloy wheels, height-adjustable driver seat, electrically foldable and adjustable outside mirrors and the category first six airbags. The Hyundai i20 is a five door hatchback car

Comments Hyundai i20 2008-2010
  • ashok |20 Mar,2009 01:29:12 PM

Kindly confirm that i20 car has a automatic transmission and roof top open in the price range 4to5L in chennai

• Mammo |20 May,2009 03:06:01 AM

It looks fab........but I just want to know that whether it has automatic transmission or not.

• anish |26 May,2009 10:03:08 AM's good plz giv replay... I just want to know that whether it has automatic transmission or not..and what is price okay!!

• Parveen |15 Aug,2009 06:32:22 PM

Could you tell me,if this i20 car has a automatic transmission or not. what is price. if possible tell me below features too airconditioned, ABC brakes, power steering, power windows, heat. thanks

• Rachel |28 Aug,2009 10:35:21 AM

Yes Hyundai has come up with automatic transmission for its i20 model. Automatic tranmission is available for Asta and Asta(o)

• Ray |07 Dec,2009 06:42:32 PM

Hi my dear need not to type questions so many times......if you type once it's more than enough........everyboady will understand

• Sanjay |29 May,2010 02:22:02 PM

I do need a auto transmission car because my right leg is not properly functional,

• Joseph |29 Jun,2010 11:52:05 PM

Does i2o have automatic transmission if so give me the price in chennai

• Harjeet Singh Gosal |07 Jul,2010 03:45:42 PM

i20 is so good, but my left leg is not functional, So I want to know can I get the i20 automatic transmission in Chandigarh.

• N.Vijaygopalan |14 Sep,2010 02:57:05 PM

Hyundai i20 is an excellent car. It has almost all the features of a high end premium segment car. It is a very stylish as well as spacious car. Fuel efficiency is also satisfactory. Engine is very silent. AC is powerful. Boot space is adequate. Fuel tank capacity is good. Pick up is excellent even in 5th gear with AC on. Music system is commendable. In every respect it is a premium segment car which can be recommended without any hesitation.

• SITARAMBHAI PATEL |20 Oct,2010 04:01:48 AM

• Anoop |04 Nov,2010 10:00:17 AM

Go for FIAT EMOTION DIESEL MULTIJET ENGINE, If you are conscious about the money are spending.Initial cost, Spares cost,features and Millege wise Punto is better than i20. Great Car getting a millage of 20Km/Ltr(with AC) FIAT EMOTION DIESEL MULTIJET ENGINE rocks.Leaving back all the plastic parts issues, Rest everything is perfect. Great Engine Ample Power,great comfort in seats and space. Bluetooth technology (Blue & Me) is also very good I connect my E73 to my car, it pairs once i get into my car and its my world inside my car. Great Blaupunkt Speakers. A Car for India roads..Shock absorbers are superb. Great value for money car.

• albert |13 Nov,2010 12:42:28 PM

My budget is between 4 to 5 lakhs. Which car is better ford figo diesel or swift diesel. How is the maintenance cost and is there ford figo with automatic gear transmission.

• By Team CarDekho |13 Nov,2010 02:35:01 PM

there is no automatic version of the Ford Figo, now coming to the point both the cars mentioned by you are good cars and have their pros and cons. The Swift has a great Multijet Diesel engine while the Figo as the best in class TDCI CRDI engine that it shares with the Sedan Fiesta. The Swift has best in class after sales and service network and spares are cheap while Figo too has a good dealer support but not as large as Maruti. The Boot of the Figo is the largest in its class of 284litres while the Swift has a boot space of 213litres. Efficiency figures on the Figo is better than the Swift by about 4-5kmpl. Thnaks, CarDekho Team

• chandru |23 Jun,2011 05:33:34 PM

my right leg affected by polio.can i drive auto transmission car.which car suitable to me.

• CarDekho Team |23 Jun,2011 05:53:13 PM

@chandru - You can get your car modified as per your needs by a good modifier to suit your disability.

• Paras |23 Jun,2011 07:16:16 PM

I want one automatic transmission car in desal version Mumbai Central. Pl. Write me Prises and Availeblity and wich Showroom name and Telephone No and Contect persion.

Hyundai i20 2008-2010 review scorecard