Rating of Hyundai Elantra 2012-2015

C
Chandra
for CRDi SX AT
On: Nov 24, 2014 | 1683 Views

Look and Style - An obvious head turner and contrary to what the general public feels, I think the rear of the car when looked from the 3 quarters view is mind blowing. People stop on roads to have a look at the car when I see them in O/Irvms.

Comfort - Best in class interior space. Much better than Jetta, Octavia, Cruze and Fluence. Corolla comes close. The electric 10 way seat adjustment is awesome. NVH is very well controlled for a diesel car. You feel a little bit of noise creeping in under 1800 rpm.

Pickup - I use a diesel AT. The car feels a wee bit under powered below 1800 rpm. But the surge thereon is pretty sharp and non linear. Can hit triple digit speeds even before you realise, its due to very good NVH levels.

Mileage - Gives me 11 in the city. Have tested much on highway.

Best Features - Rear arm rest audio controls, 10 way seat adjust, MID illumination control, seat ventilation and many more.

Needs to improve - Turbo charged engines comes with their own limitations. Have to see if Elantra can be tuned better. Also, the new cars are not coming with Nexen Silica tyres - unsure why.

Overall Experience - I wish I could wake up in my car every day!

Other Elantra 2012-2015 Reviews