Severe Corrosion Problems in HYundai Accent - GVS

By for Hyundai Accent from Pune, India 2011-04-23 11:06:28.0
  • Appearance

Pros : Nothing Much

Cons : Severe Corrosion Problems in HYundai Accent - GVS

I own a Hyundai Accent car - Model GVS. I bought this car from Bangalore in Jan 2004. The car has developed severe corrosion problems over the last 4 years (as early as 1 year after buying): * Near the dicky * On the door frames, just below the window pane * Under the bonnet several places, including a gaping hole near the bonnet cover) * Radiator support beam We did not think that corrosion would spread to such an extent, but in what was the last straw, most recently the AC stopped working and when we took it to the service station they told us that the condenser had developed a leak. On further investigation they told us that this was due to the radiator hitting the condenser and damaging it and this happened because the common support beam on which both the radiator and the condensor sit was heavily damaged by corrosion and very weak.  We did not expect such problems from a Hyundai car. We don't live in a place like Mumbai where corrosion can occur. I am attaching photographs of the radiator support beam and other areas of corrosion on the car body to this review.  It is really disturbing that a Hyundai car could develop such severe corrosion problems so quickly. We went through considerable expenses to get the radiator beam and condenser problem fixed, However the other, extensive corrosion problems still remain.  When we contacted Hyundai to either replace our car or at least reimburse us for the expenses incurred in solving the radiator beam related problems they said that there is nothing wrong with the car as such and refused to do anything except give an estimate and then do the work and charge for it.  I would advice people to think twice before buying a Hyundai Accent GVS . Photos attached.

• B L Sarkar |03 Oct,2011 12:33:51 AM

I want to know the mileage for petrol , CNG & LPG versions in city as well on high ways.