• Appearance

Pros : A best value for money

Cons : People opinion about it as aging car

It is now over 5 months since I purchased my Accent Executive. I have covered over 4600 kms. The roads covered are assoreted - highways, patchy roads, gravelled roads, hills and waterlogged ones. Now I can say with full confidence that Accent is THE CAR made for Indian roads and best value for money today. It is indeed best sedan available at this price, harbouring almost all the fetures a much hyped sedan possesses here. Noooo.....I am not blindly writing this...neither hypnotised with my car to overlook problems ! It is yet to be serviced and it is giving mileage of 11-12 km/l in city and 16-18 km/l on highways.  I expect improved mileage after second servicing. Yes one thing, if you keep rpm  upto 25k (that is speed upto 100km/h) the mileage is excellent as stated above. It negotiates any road and gradient with ease and you feel the nluxury in your hands with full confidence. I have driven Ford Fiesta and Honda City too...but the difference in driving upto 130 km/h speed is negligible. Once you cross this limit the difference is felt a little. Many of the overbridges and gradients it nogotiates with ease in 5th ngear  leaving behind many cars. The AC is chilling and can be comapred with best in India, even at 47degree C within 5 minutes you can feel chill. People say that it gies dated looks and bonnet is long etc. You see any of the prestigious cars like Mercedeze series, Rolls Royce Phantom and even BMW... you can see the close resemblance Accent has with these cars in looks. This gives classic looks. Yes if you want fatty patches bulging out from here and there like now-a-days is not there. The driving pleasure is excellent. Lastly while comparing with so called modern cars consider price tag also. you wre paying a couple of lakhs of rupees more for almost same features. All said and done this is THE CAR for me as on today. You can have your own views and decisions.

Comments Hyundai Accent
  • RK Srivastava |04 Nov,2011 04:57:09 PM

Sorry, there is one correction in my above review. Please read the rpm mentioned above as 2.5 K (i.e. 2500) not as 25k. At this rpm the car maintains speed of 100 km/h.

• suresh r chodankar |04 Nov,2011 05:19:31 PM

its great car but mileage needs improvement

raghu |23 Nov,2011 01:52:43 PM

yes, d cars needs mileage

• ravinder |10 Nov,2011 09:42:17 PM

in review given by thing also needs correction....u r saying that car giving u mileage 11-12kmpl in city n 16-18kmpl on highway....becoz the top mileage is 13kmpl

• Charudatta Tophakhane |14 Apr,2012 05:17:48 PM

I really need to understand two things about this vehicle: If it does not run well on highways as indicated in some reviews and If the average on highways is as low as 13kmpl.

RKS |14 Apr,2012 05:36:42 PM

This vehicle runs fantasticlly on highways, you can test drive yourself. I have deove upto 140km/h very smoothly. Its mileage is well 16km/l on highways, if you drive at speed between 70-90 km/h. In city traffic conditions I am getting 11-12 km/l. Many reviews are about old models of Accent giving less mileage. Moreover, much depends upon your driving habits.

• Amit Mediratta |01 Jun,2012 02:39:29 PM

Hi, I own a Santro and a Honda City. Plan to buy Hyundai Accent for local driving. Am confused to take a decision due to following: 1. Some experts say that this is a phased out model and would be discontinued very soon. 2. Reviews say that the body is not painted well and gets rusted very soon. I have test driven the vehicle and found it to be good. The features are value for money, but should I still go for this car with a factory fitted (Hyundai kit) CNG? Please guide.

RK |03 Jun,2012 10:21:46 AM

1.Regegarding discontinueing the model, see the sales figures which are decent even today. So there seems remote chance of discontinueing in near future. 2. Wrong !! It has well painted body. In my family I saw this car for the last 9 years, but still fantastic. Rare chance of rusting may be with any make and model of any brand. 3. Its the best value for money. If you wish to go for CNG, go for factory fitted only. Remember that you are getting a luxury sedan at this price !! Yes there are cars in the market with much better features...but at what price ?? A couple of lakhs of rupees.....take this also into consideration !!! Regards

Amit Mediratta |03 Jun,2012 09:27:13 PM

Thanks RK. I have come across a 2010 model car without CNG, which has run just 6400 kms. The owner is expecting 4.3 lacs. What should be the best price?

RK |03 Jun,2012 10:09:41 PM

If everything in the car is OK, just negotiate the price below Rs 4 lakh.

Hyundai Accent review scorecard