Honda Jazz - Good car, but not MACHO!!!

By for Honda Jazz 2016-11-23 13:54:50.0
  • Appearance

Before I owned a car and the new Jazz was launched, my view of Honda Jazz was, an overpriced, ugly looking car which seemed like a failure. The question I could not find an answer to - "why would someone own such a car, when he/she can get a good looking Sedan/CSUV at a little higher price". May be I was little naive or may be I was right.

New Jazz was launched and I end-up buying that.

So, I can say I was little naive in terms of specs earlier and considered look and cost as the only factors. But, with more information and more knowledge about cars, I could understand the values.

During purchase, I considered the following reasons

- Look is not the best, but OK.

- B'ful dashboard, similar to Honda City, bringing in class. Feels like trunk-less Honda-city

- Good leg-space, little higher ground clearance, magic seats, spacious, good head-room, more bottle holders etc.

- Honda Engine

- Girl Friend liked it :)

Was I excited after purchase? I would say not excited, but was satisfied.

Coming to the last part, I have been driving this car since more than a year and feel comfortable. It was not the best I expected, but I am not dissatisfied.

Pros:

- Mentioned above.

Few additions

- good-handling and braking

- even at a speed of 165/170, does not vibrate and does not go out of control

- 18.9 kmpl claimed and I sometime get 19-20 kmpl on Jaipur-Delhi highway driving at 80-90 kmph with 3 TOLL.

Cons:

- Feels like a family car. For old-age people or may be Women. (not being sexist). I mean, does not give a Macho personality.

- 1200 cc and we have to compromise on the power, specially on Petrol variants.

- Magic seats are only in top-model and are given as a special feature, whereas many other cars have this by default.

- Did not find the wipers as good.