The latest entrant in the Honda family.
The preface goes like this-
Launched in May, this year, this 7- seater SUV has everything a travelling enthusiast would want for their voyage to uncharted lands.
Based on the Mobilio Platform, it was a look alike, however, different as a wolf than the sheep.
I have a friend, who is kind of a Honda lover and she bought this one. Though it looked long and nowhere was as handsome as the Creta, it had something charming and masculine. The cladding did the job with a bold nose grill and the headlight swoops with bigger footprint tyres gave it a much SUV look if I may say so.
The best part - It was a seven seater, which neither Creta, nor the Ford Eco- Sport or the duster dared to offer. Come on we Indians love to have our families go out on adventures and as a millennial, I have friends. Plenty of them. So the first checkbox had a tick. I can haul the whole clan now.
The interiors are stylish and chic; comfort and convenience have been taken into consideration with push start and smart entry key system and remote locking, paddle shift (only available in CVT variant), modish steering mounted audio controls, and of course Sporty 3D Speedometer with Multi - Information Display!! The list just goes on.
THE TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS:
ENGINE and TRANSMISSION
There are two types of Transmission in BRV, the Manual Transmission has 6 forward and 1 reverse and the Automatic is CVT – Continuously Variable Transmission.
The IVTEC engine boasts of a mileage of 15.4 kmpl and power of 119 ps; whereas its diesel counterpart, IDTEC offers a mileage of 21.9 kmpl and power of 100 ps.
Also, to make a note, the IVTEC - CVT variant offers a mileage of 16 kmpl.
Total 9 different variants are available in market for BR-V; 5 in Petrol, viz., EMT, SMT, VMT, VXMT and VCVT; and 4 for Diesel, viz., EMT, SMT, VMT, VXMT.
Honda has taken care of safety and security of the occupants by providing Advance Compatibility Engineering (ACE) body, which is a Trade Mark of Honda, front dual SRS airbags, Airbrake system (ABS) with EBD, Front Seatbelt Pretensioner with Load Limiter, Immobiliser Anti – theft System and Impact Sensing Auto Door unlock.
BR-V comes with a standard warranty of 36 months from the date of sale to first owner, irrespective of the distance covered in 36 months, the only car from Honda with unlimited distance warranty!
Also, the paid service is every 12 months or 10000 kms, whichever comes earlier, so you can save some moolahs on the hefty Paid Maintenance services that may come with other SUVs in the market!!
Why and why you should own this Vehicle : 7 USPs of BRV
1) Bold and Sporty Design: You just can't look at it once!! The Bold and aggressive look of this car make it a stand out from the crowd, enhances your road presence and muscular appeal of the vehicle that definitely adds to the pride of ownership.
2) Versatile : 3 Row Seating and Dimensions- First in class 3rd row seats with split and recline function good enough to carry the entire family or luggage based on requirement, against the 2 rows arrangement in other SUVs,
2nd Row Slide and Recline Functions- Makes long journeys extremely comfortable and fatigue free even for the tallest of passengers!
Dimensions: The overall height of BRV is 1666 mm, wheelbase is 2662 mm and overall length is 4456, which makes it a giant. And needless to say, bigger dimensions lead to better leg room, head room and shoulder room for all the occupants. So, this can accommodate the biggest of the gargantuan!!
3) PREMIUM INTERIORS:
The Cushion thickness is more which again adds to more comfort and less fatigue on long drives.
BRV offers low luggage loading height of 600mm, which makes loading and unloading of luggage hassle-free and provides additional convenience.
Overhead A/C Vents keep the occupants cool on hot and sunny days - so no more temper tantrums in BRV - only pleasure driving!!
First in the class heat absorbing windshield keeps the inside temperature 6 degrees less, after 20 mins of drive compared to ordinary green glass windshields, it also keeps the cabin cool.
4) Ground Clearance: Best in class 210 mm of ground clearance provides protection against any under-body damage over rough terrain. So hail O’, hail O’, to the terrains and hills of India, go travel!
5) Proven world class Honda Engine: Need I say more, Honda’s Legendary IVTEC Petrol Engine and Innovative IDTEC Diesel Engine is offering not only robustness and the power to the car, but also a great mileage.
Petrol - 15.4 kmpl
Diesel - 21.9 kmpl
Petrol CVT - 16 kmpl
6) CVT Variant with Paddle shifters: Yes, it is there!! It provides infinite gear ratios which provide seamless acceleration and zero shift shock - whereas in other SUVs you will find conventional Automatic Transmission without paddle shift
7) Low cost of Maintenance: Just one Paid Maintenance Service in a year!! C’mon this is a major saver when we know how dead high maintenance other SUVs demand!!
All in all, this car is style and a fierce combo of beauty and beast that can never go unnoticed on the road!
Well then, the road beckons, what are you waiting for?
I was looking for a daily to use 6/7 seater that can be driven in a tr...
I got the BRV on Dhanteras last year the CVT model. It good as family ...
Bought the CVT version a month ago and just came back from a long kera...
It will help us serve you better content and best deals