Air bag not working

By for Ford Aspire 2016-10-06 14:22:10.0
  • Appearance

My complains is about Manufacturing defect  Engineering fault (Airbag was not opened during accident).

Few months back I was driving my new Ford figo Aspire titanium + (that just buy on same day at approximately 11:00 Hours) near my residence, Gujarat. That evening I started driving my car after buckle up seat belt and my car speed was around 60 - 70 KMPH and suddenly one animal (pig) came in front of my car to save that animal I directed my car in opposite direction of animal and then suddenly I found a light pole at that place so to save myself and my car I directed my car in opposite direction of light pole and it resulted in misbalanced of my car and then after car jumped towards off road slippery place, on that time and my car hit the rough surface at approx. 180 degree from its front wheels (car turned over from engine bonnet to roof of car) and then rolled by sideways 2-3 times.

During this accident the impact was directly on front side little bit away from driver side, resulting in damage of body of car and headlight of that same side then also the air bag system didn't worked. I was lucky enough that after being failure of your technology I was safe. Personally this was a life-threatening tragically moment for me. Flying pieces of glasses was around all over my body but luckily they didn't cause any damage to me.

The only reason I chose Ford figo Aspire is its modern technology but it was not up-to my satisfactory level.

After this major accident I had conversations with the team of ford in CARGO FORD showroom, Gandhidham, Gujarat and also it was discussed with your representative on 18004192500 and their reply was me to, that for air bags to work there must be major impact; during the time of accident the car was almost total damaged; then what type of impact you are expecting for air bags system to work !!!

You must take a look on the images that I am attaching with and with this I believe that it would be good if you modify all your technology used in car.

Or else all lead to your kind and impartial decision.

Suffering:

After this major accident I suffered socially, emotionally and psychologically. In society including my residence as well as in my work place I feel guilty as I informed all that my car is occupied by 6 air bags but at the most time it didn't work and obviously I paid for it by becoming a focus point of discussion in negative way.

As per Company manual and instruction guideline booklet available at ford service center, Gandhidham it's clearly written that the front airbags active only in frontal and near  frontal crashes (not rollovers, side impacts or rear impacts unless the crash causes sufficient longitudinal deceleration. The design of the driver safety belt pretensioner is to activate in frontal and near-frontal crashes so please refer this picture and by your kind knowledge take impartial decision.

• SSM |28 Dec,2016 06:52:07 PM

You should have knocked the door of consumer forum for your complaint.Its for the consumers to know about faulty airbags which failed to open during major road accident.Ford is boasting on 6 airbags on Titanim as makor safety feature over the competitors.

• balasahebkagane |06 Jan,2017 02:49:34 PM

Ford should improve the safety features

• sundar |10 Jan,2017 08:57:25 PM

We should know about service and Spare maintenance Cost.

• amahazarika |01 Apr,2017 03:14:41 PM

Air bag not working is a major fault.Everything should be cheakup properly before delivery.

• Ramesh |26 Apr,2017 10:28:25 AM

I suggest never go for this type of car, they are fraud companies playing with user life.

• pankaj |26 Apr,2017 10:31:16 AM

shame on this company. they are cheating the innocent people and makeing they life in danger and also people are wasting their money in this type of cars. i suggest never go for this car.

• Praveen |26 Apr,2017 10:32:49 AM

Shame on ford or we can say fraud company. never go for this car. 6 airbags not working is major issue company has to solve the problem of this innocent person

• manoj kumar |26 Apr,2017 10:36:48 AM

i was about to buy this car, just in 1 week before delivery i read this review and search about the accident and i found the men is saying true and finally i cancelled the booking.

• surender |18 May,2017 02:17:52 PM

hey gyes i m not familier with this carbut i want to say that at 60 to 70 speed such type of damage as shown in pics to the car is not possible

• akalavaya |22 May,2017 12:43:53 AM