Rating of Ford EcoSport

Very poor Mileage

for 1.5 Petrol Ambiente

I would not recommend this car for the mileage conscious people. It has been over a month since I purchased the FORD ECOSPORT 1.5 PETROL AMBIENTE despite a lot of negative reviews about Ford cars in India pertaining to lack of spare parts and exorbitant after sales service. But when I saw the new Ecosport Canyon Ridge model, I completely fell in love with the looks and the sturdiness of the vehicle. I chose the base model because it had almost everything in it which I needed. However, after driving it for a month I discovered certain things which are slightly different from other cars:I never knew that I have to press the clutch and then turn the ignition to start the car. It is kinda absurd because if the vehicle stops in the middle of the traffic. Starting the car by pressing the clutch eats a lot of time. There is a separate knob for turning on the headlights which I do not understand why. unlike other cars where headlights can be turned on by twisting the indicator lever. Although the company claims the mileage at 17 km / ltr but what I am getting right now is 9. Which is almost half of what Ford claims. I hope it improves after its first servicing but if it didn't, it will turn out to be an extremely disappointing purchase for me.

D