Part Of A Ford Legacy

By for Ford EcoSport 2016-11-14 14:53:49.0
  • Appearance

The Ford has been the constant road companion in my family since 2005. We have been lucky enough to transit with Ford vehicles starting from the Ford Ikon in 2005, the Ford Figo in 2010 and the Ford Ecosport in 2014. And honestly, it feels like I've moved from glory to glory.

The car honestly seems have delivered its value for money. It comes around with many perks which do include a nippy display screen indicating the distance as the car reverses; warning signs on any door / boot left open; preset service indication (oil change) etc. Moreover, manoeuvring it around the city gives a sense of safety as well as comfort.

PS - I come from Cochin in Kerala, India. It's the town where parking and driving have become challenging thanks to the upcoming Metro construction!

Highlights from travelling so far -

- In our state where diesel is at Rs 61.74/L the car's got a pretty decent mileage! Provided you don't drive it like a wannabe Ferrari.

- Pickup - It's got a good pickup! Touches your 80-100 within no time (PS - I repeat, not a Ferrari)

- Seating - Can seat up to�five people easily or even six. Sometimes if you're daring enough you could try fitting in seven or ensure you go around with a smaller sized entourage!

- Boot Space - Pretty acceptable, I travel with two guitars and an amp every weekend to church and I have to say I do tend to drop the back seat for a little grace space!

- Ergonomics / Controls - I like all the fancy buttons and I do have to say Ford gives you a bang for your buck! You got enough buttons to keep your inner child happy on your journey!

- Audio System - It's Okay! This is so rarely covered in Car Reviews. If you like your driving with decent music, the built-in speakers of the car kind of do a so-so justice to good tracks, if you just like loud music, there is the big volume button at the centre of the dashboard to make you feel like David Guetta.

I'm sure there are a lot more features on the car that I'm missing out here, but guess I'm trying to just address the basic operations we would see ourselves involved with on a daily basis!

There is enough flavour in the Ford EcoSport that would let most people enjoy their drive. If you've been driving the Ford line of cars for a decade like me you would quickly notice how Ford has ensured that its customers do get a good vehicle with adequate gadget power!

• Don't miss out on the festive offers this September