Air bag not working

for 1.2 Ti-VCT Titanium Plus

Air bag not working

My complains is about Manufacturing defect  Engineering fault (Airbag was not opened during accident).   Few months back I was driving my new Ford figo Aspire titanium + (that just buy on same day at approximately 11:00 Hours) near my residence, Gujarat. That evening I started driving my car after buckle up seat belt and my car speed was around 60 - 70 KMPH and suddenly one animal (pig) came in front of my car to save that animal I directed my car in opposite direction of animal and then suddenly I found a light pole at that place so to save myself and my car I directed my car in opposite direction of light pole and it resulted in misbalanced of my car and then after car jumped towards off road slippery place, on that time and my car hit the rough surface at approx. 180 degree from its front wheels (car turned over from engine bonnet to roof of car) and then rolled by sideways 2-3 times. During this accident the impact was directly on front side little bit away from driver side, resulting in damage of body of car and headlight of that same side then also the air bag system didn't worked. I was lucky enough that after being failure of your technology I was safe. Personally this was a life-threatening tragically moment for me. Flying pieces of glasses was around all over my body but luckily they didn't cause any damage to me. The only reason I chose Ford figo Aspire is its modern technology but it was not up-to my satisfactory level. After this major accident I had conversations with the team of ford in CARGO FORD showroom, Gandhidham, Gujarat and also it was discussed with your representative on 18004192500 and their reply was me to, that for air bags to work there must be major impact; during the time of accident the car was almost total damaged; then what type of impact you are expecting for air bags system to work !!! You must take a look on the images that I am attaching with and with this I believe that it would be good if you modify all your technology used in car. Or else all lead to your kind and impartial decision. Suffering: After this major accident I suffered socially, emotionally and psychologically. In society including my residence as well as in my work place I feel guilty as I informed all that my car is occupied by 6 air bags but at the most time it didn't work and obviously I paid for it by becoming a focus point of discussion in negative way. As per Company manual and instruction guideline booklet available at ford service center, Gandhidham it's clearly written that the front airbags active only in frontal and near  frontal crashes (not rollovers, side impacts or rear impacts unless the crash causes sufficient longitudinal deceleration. The design of the driver safety belt pretensioner is to activate in frontal and near-frontal crashes so please refer this picture and by your kind knowledge take impartial decision.

By dharmendar

• LATEST
  • VERIFIED
  • CRITICAL
  • Best Pick Up

I bought Aspire diesel on Jan 21 after selling my Scorpio. I experienced the best pick up and very good mileage 26 kmpl on the highway and 18kmpl in the market.

By sangram singh
    On: Nov 17, 2021 | 38 Views
  • 40k Experience

Power and Acceleration are brilliant. Handling gives you confidence. You don't need a touch screen or Multiplex in this car, because you can just enjoy the drive.

By vishnraj
    On: Nov 04, 2021 | 61 Views
  • Exalent Car

Exalent comfort and good mileage, safty also good. Maintenance ls ok, very low prise. Esay drive. Super budjet car.

By vijay vijay
    On: Sep 14, 2021 | 49 Views
  • Good Car With Better Price Range

Good car with a better price range of the ford, comfort, and stylish, mileage is somewhat ok, still more

By clasher viki
    On: Sep 08, 2021 | 50 Views
  • Mileage Petrol Titanium Plus Petrol

New Ford aspires titanium plus petrol May 2021 highway mileage of10 to 11km. Will, it increases or not.

By hemant kumar jeengar
    On: Jul 29, 2021 | 68 Views
  • Diesel ...best In Class Compact Sedan

Best power-packed compact sedan. Excellent ride and handling. The diesel engine is too good. Power and precision. Equally matched.

By shibabrata nayak
    On: Jul 25, 2021 | 50 Views
  • Best Compact Sedan Car

Best Compact Sedan car on the Indian road. For the last 2 years, I am using it. No issues till now. There are so many misconceptions about the car. I love it.

By kunal kumar
    On: Jul 21, 2021 | 44 Views
  • Overall Good But Low Fuel Economy

Overall it is a good package. Got more features than Amaze and Dzire with low spending. But not happy with fuel efficiency. Average of 16 on the highway with AC

By arun chawla
    On: Jul 13, 2021 | 47 Views
Ford Aspire
Rs.5.21 - 9.10 Lakh*
This car model has expired

Write your Comment on Ford Aspire

Boss itni kam speed mai air bag open ni hote 80-90 pe air bag open hote h

s
    surender
    May 18, 2017 2:17:52 PM

hey gyes i m not familier with this carbut i want to say that at 60 to 70 speed such type of damage as shown in pics to the car is not possible

m
      manoj kumar
      Apr 26, 2017 10:36:48 AM

i was about to buy this car, just in 1 week before delivery i read this review and search about the accident and i found the men is saying true and finally i cancelled the booking.