Fiat Linea best car in sedan segment!!!

• Appearance

Pros : Good looks, good pick up, very spacious.

Cons : Low mileage, average ground clearance.

Look and Style I did lot of surfing about all Sedans like Hyundai Verna, Honda City and Toyota Etios. Finally I decided to go with Fiat Linea. I am using Fiat Linea from 5 months and I am happy with its performance . Being it is five month old, it still gives vibes of a brand new car. It is very stylish in appearance with its good looks. The new Fiat Linea price is around  Rs 6,51,684 and after using this car for 5 months I can say that it is worth it. Comfort The Interiors of Fiat Linea are very spacious. Very comfortable to ride and the hard suspension setup is very useful for the Indian roads, one can hardly feel the bumps in high or low speeds. The Fiat Linea features with a rear AC vents are perfect for Indian summers and the auto climate feature is good enough. Pickup Its pick up is nice and my Fiat Linea multijet took 15.3 seconds to clock 0-100kph and 20.18 seconds in the quarter mile run. Mileage As per Fiat Linea specifications, it is mentioned that it will give an average of 18 Kms but my new car is giving an average of 12 Kms in the city and 16kms on highways. I travel around 3000 Kms on road with this Fiat Linea. Best Features Good looks, apart from that it has good ride quality, packs in brilliant handling. The suspension of this Fiat Linea is awesome, one could hardly feel the bumps in high or low speeds. Needs to improve Ground clearance is the major concern as it does not have not a goof enough ground clearance. Along with this the fuel efficiency of this Fiat Linea is also not so great, Fiat has to look upon this and improve it. Overall Experience If one is looking in the market for a stylish, contemporary sedan which looks more expensive than it costs then Fiat Linea is a perfect choice. I am quite happy and very impressed with my FIAT Linea, its a value for money car. Also I find this the best sedan in this segment.

Comments Fiat Linea
  • manu |28 Jun,2011 04:44:59 PM

Fiat Linea is the right choice.....

Amirthalingam |28 Jun,2011 05:38:57 PM

I am having Fiat Linea Emotion Pack Diesel since 5 months and clocked 16000 kms..i get mileage of around 20 kms / litre highways and 16-18 kms / litre in town limits...nice and stylish car.. luxury features inside which other cars in this segment for this money dont have...good value for money...i dont know why this car is not familiar like others...only disadvantage is low ground clearance...

p.vinod |29 Jun,2011 03:46:45 PM

Indeed its a great car.But poor resale year old diesel emotion can avail on 6 lakhs'

Jafar Vali |08 Oct,2012 05:07:36 PM

Amrit, Can you get me this one year car at old at 6 L. I am serious

Jafar Vali |08 Oct,2012 05:14:31 PM

Amrit Sorry, I was addressing Vinod on ground clearance, now it is 185mm to previous 161mm

• Amit Mukherjee |29 Jun,2011 02:52:45 PM

I am driving my FIAT Linea since 2 years. This is a very Good car with lot of features. look is quite impressive. Driving comfort is awsome. I am quite happy with my Linea. Things to improve: (1) Ground Clearance (2) Low Mileage (as compared to Honda City) (3) Maintenance & service system has to be improved. (4) Poor Initial Pick up This is the best sedan in this segment.

dinesh kumar |08 Apr,2012 07:54:41 PM

Hi Amit, Thanks for sharing the feedback. i also have fiat linea emotion pack 1.3 MJD and driving from last 5 months and clocked 12500kms. The overall experience with the car is awesome. This car is value for money and much better to the other cars avaiable of this segment. The only drawback of popularity of this car is brand name of fiat which is not so popular among car buyers. I need you help as you are using this car for bit long. can you pls. guide me about the service cost of this vehicle.

Amit mukherjee |09 Apr,2012 11:41:24 AM

Hi Dinesh, Servicing cost of this car is pretty high. Specially the mibil cost & the spares. The spares are not readyly available too. But I believe this is common for every sedan available in the market. Tata motor should improve thir service. Best of luck for your new car.

sunil wate |28 Aug,2012 05:00:32 PM

i just booked fiat linea diesel pl advise what care i should take regarding service

• Samuel P K |30 Jun,2011 02:05:24 AM

It is nice car with good features. But low ground clearance

Jafar Vali |08 Oct,2012 05:09:28 PM

Now the ground clearance increased

• abxabdul |30 Jun,2011 04:34:37 PM

all of them saying the same tng.whch i nice nd comfrt

• Shonil |04 Feb,2012 09:35:54 PM

I have purchased a new Linea Emotion Pk petrol in Januray...Just great car. Yes, the millage seems to be a bit low...but still i am comfortable on highways. But one big big drawback - Low ground clearance. but they have taken care of it in the new linea 2012. Overall very happy with the car.

• Vivek |05 Mar,2012 05:22:02 PM

i am one of the first buyers of fiat linea and is having this car for past 3 years. It is doing fine but only problem is the ground clearance and i dont know what to do with low ground clearance especially on the poorly mainytained roads of Jharkhsnd

dinesh kumar |08 Apr,2012 07:58:29 PM

Hi Vivek, I read your problem of low ground clearance of this vehicle. I was also facing the same issue but there is alternate available with fiat to increase ground clearance on spending of Rs. 14000/-. pls. visit your nearest fiat service station and ask them to cahnge the same and you will be through this issue.

• jigme tshering |25 Jul,2012 08:41:08 PM

Need your help regarding Fiat Line T-jet plus 2011 model.I am contemplating to purchase one but on reading your reviews i am confused about 2 issues. 1) The ground clearance debate,what exactly it is?.Cars like Alto,I 10,eeco have a ground clearance of 165mm and less then why it is not an issue with these vehicles? 2)Will spares be readily available for the model when there are strong rumours of Fiat linea 2013 to be launched and the older version will be phased out.

• sam |07 Nov,2012 09:41:44 PM

I am planning to book Fiat Linea Petrol Emotion 2011 model at hefty discount. Please suggest me.

• dinesh raj |15 Jan,2014 09:34:31 PM

Hi fnds i plan to buy used car fiat linea emotion pack(diesel) year 2009 model 1st owner only they completed 100000 kms .they demanding 4,50,000.for how much price can i buy this car (im going to buy 1st car so pls say correctly)

• darshit |29 May,2015 11:29:03 PM

Hiii I am Darshit I am working in fiat show room Vadodara if you have any queries please contact me my number is 8128999360 . Thanks Darshit joshi.

RUDRA |28 Jan,2016 08:29:03 PM

Hii Darshit I am using linea MJT EMOTION since 2012. I am fully satisfied with this but I want to know is it suitable for hills road. Pl inform me thnx. R P SINGH my cell number is 9696652475. Pray to my ALMIGHTY for ur good health.

Fiat Linea review scorecard