New & Improved Ecosport is a Great Buy

for 1.5 Petrol Titanium BSIV

New & Improved Ecosport is a Great Buy

I bought a Ford Ecosport Titanium Petrol model. My primary usage is in the city along with an occassional long drive (500 km+) for a family of 3. I would say petrol cars are the way to go with uncertainity over the future of diesel cars (regulation, BS6 etc.)
They vehicle has excellent pickup and handling. The steering is very well weighted. Having driven the older ecosport (2013 model), I can confirm that the ride quality has improved (suspension has been softened I think). You can just gobble up potholes and easily overtake other hatchbacks, sedans struggling with bumps and bad roads. It is very planted on corners.
Interiors are very good. Getting in and out of drivers seat is easy (I am 6'3). It has an amazing 8 inch touch screen which is very responsive. It also has embedded navigation which is very useful on highways. My only wish is that the armrest should be adjustable.
Coming to the mileage, I got a mileage of 17 kmpl on highways driving in the range of 80-100 kmph. Mileage will come down to 15.5 kmpl if driven at 100-120 kmph. This was confirmed to me by the dealer as well who told me to keep the speed under 100 kmph for best mileage.
City mileage greatly depends on driving style. For example, it gives 2-2.5 kmpl less than my honda brio (2012 S MT model) when I drove it gently. This is expected and I am ok with it.
I also test drove a Honda WR-V and Tata Nexon (Brezza has no petrol). Honda felt really under powered while the Nexon felt a bit jerky to drive in the city. Ecosport had the best balance of ride quality, build quality and interiors.
On the whole, if mileage is not your top concern and you love to drive, this has to be the best car. But if mileage is your top concern, go for WR-V. I would avoid the Tata Nexon petrol for bad city driveability (its diesel version is awesome. At par with ecosport and cheaper also).

By robin philipverified Verified Buyer

• LATEST
  • VERIFIED
  • CRITICAL
  • Very Good Purchase

I bought Ecosport Titanium plus diesel and I am very satisfied with the performance and the mileage I get.

By sanjay nikam
    On: Jan 01, 2021 | 15 Views
  • Daddy Of All The Compact SUVs

EcoSport was the car that inspired other manufacturers like Maruti Suzuki, Hyundai, Honda, Tata, Kia, Nissan and it kick-started the Sub4 metre SUV aka Compact SUV segmen...Read More

By nikhil sandhu
    On: Dec 26, 2020 | 1620 Views
  • Feeling Elite full.

It's not just value for money, but also a great experience of the drive with safety, mileage, SUV feel, style, utility features, and Joy. Actually, before few months I bo...Read More

By hardik
    On: Dec 20, 2020 | 2841 Views
  • Own It To Know It.

The EcoBoost engine is extremely peppy and responsive from being sporty to idle ride it suits all. I just love the car.

By ariful haque
    On: Dec 19, 2020 | 98 Views
  • Great Driving Experience.

Very nice vehicle. The vehicle provides the best driving experience and fuel consumption is also great. The car also provides a fabulous suspension.

By abhishek
    On: Dec 10, 2020 | 95 Views
  • Best SUV In This Price Range.

Good car. Love it. Ample spacing and the great wheel turn. Runs well on maximum torque too. The only issue I find is with the inbuilt stereo system. Bluetooth doesn't see...Read More

By vishal tyagi
    On: Dec 09, 2020 | 1525 Views
  • Old With New Gold.

After using one year of ford Ecosport s top variant. I have only one word Old with new gold because ford updated every function with the time and now it doesn't feel like...Read More

By nishant kolapkar
    On: Dec 08, 2020 | 1719 Views
  • Excellent performance.

Ford Ecosport 1.5d titanium gives an excellent performance, best in class.

By pinkesh
    On: Nov 26, 2020 | 94 Views
  • View All Ecosport 2015-2021 Reviews
Ford Ecosport 2015-2021
Rs. 6.68 Lakh - 11.49 Lakh*
This car model has expired