New & Improved Ecosport is a Great Buy

for 1.5 Petrol Titanium BSIV

New & Improved Ecosport is a Great Buy

I bought a Ford Ecosport Titanium Petrol model. My primary usage is in the city along with an occassional long drive (500 km+) for a family of 3. I would say petrol cars are the way to go with uncertainity over the future of diesel cars (regulation, BS6 etc.)
They vehicle has excellent pickup and handling. The steering is very well weighted. Having driven the older ecosport (2013 model), I can confirm that the ride quality has improved (suspension has been softened I think). You can just gobble up potholes and easily overtake other hatchbacks, sedans struggling with bumps and bad roads. It is very planted on corners.
Interiors are very good. Getting in and out of drivers seat is easy (I am 6'3). It has an amazing 8 inch touch screen which is very responsive. It also has embedded navigation which is very useful on highways. My only wish is that the armrest should be adjustable.
Coming to the mileage, I got a mileage of 17 kmpl on highways driving in the range of 80-100 kmph. Mileage will come down to 15.5 kmpl if driven at 100-120 kmph. This was confirmed to me by the dealer as well who told me to keep the speed under 100 kmph for best mileage.
City mileage greatly depends on driving style. For example, it gives 2-2.5 kmpl less than my honda brio (2012 S MT model) when I drove it gently. This is expected and I am ok with it.
I also test drove a Honda WR-V and Tata Nexon (Brezza has no petrol). Honda felt really under powered while the Nexon felt a bit jerky to drive in the city. Ecosport had the best balance of ride quality, build quality and interiors.
On the whole, if mileage is not your top concern and you love to drive, this has to be the best car. But if mileage is your top concern, go for WR-V. I would avoid the Tata Nexon petrol for bad city driveability (its diesel version is awesome. At par with ecosport and cheaper also).

By robin philipverified Verified Buyer

• LATEST
  • VERIFIED
  • CRITICAL
  • Road Grip Is Excellent Engine

The road grip is excellent. Engine soundproof compare to other vehicles, better and now Eco sports titanium mid version 2021 Ford company given sunroof finally this ...Read More

By tpreddy
    On: Jan 07, 2021 | 54 Views
  • BMW X1 Feeling

Luxury feeling in this budget. I have drive 510 km in a single seating nonstop, but didn't feel any tired ness. Good handling, good safety, mileage is best, riding qualit...Read More

By naeem j shaikh
    On: Apr 23, 2021 | 38 Views
  • The Car Build For Car Lovers

Super build quality, but do not compare the features with new arrivals. This is the car for the enthusiast.

By abhijith arun
    On: Apr 10, 2021 | 13 Views
  • Best In Segment

Best in segment overall like good safety and comfort. Have a good mileage of 20- 21kmpl on the highway and 17 -18 in the city.

By pratham deswal
    On: Mar 30, 2021 | 15 Views
  • Gud Car With Some Small Changes

It's a good car, but the only fault is the doors. It must have opened upwards and the cost of maintenance is a bit on a high

By chethan kumar m
    On: Feb 22, 2021 | 12 Views
  • Simply Wow!

Best compact SUV at a low price. Fuel-efficient and high performing car at this price

By aman kumar
    On: Jan 27, 2021 | 15 Views
  • Super Car..

Supercar I love it is just amazing. The ride quality and comfort of this car are just the best.

By rishab agarwal
    On: Jan 08, 2021 | 15 Views
  • Very Good Purchase

I bought Ecosport Titanium plus diesel and I am very satisfied with the performance and the mileage I get.

By sanjay nikam
    On: Jan 01, 2021 | 37 Views
  • View All Ecosport 2015-2021 Reviews
Ford Ecosport 2015-2021
Rs. 6.68 Lakh - 11.49 Lakh*
This car model has expired