Datsun Go

By for Datsun GO 2014-04-03 18:29:53.0
  • Appearance

Pros : Looks

Cons : No safety features

I recently bought Datsun Go and the I have a mixed experience of owning this car. This is a 5 seater hatch, which is available at a very competitive price in the market and right now comes only in a petrol version. It is available in four variants and the features vary variant to variant, however, even the base model looks decent in terms of design.

Datsun Go has a 1.2L, 12 valve petrol engine with 1198cc displacement, which generates a power of 67.07bhp at 5000rpm and a peak torque of 104Nm at 4000rpm. The mileage of the car is 17kmpl in city and 20.63kmpl on highways.

There are loop holes in the car like no safety features, forget about EBD, even the top end variant does not have ABS and airbags. However, its competitors like Alto 800 and Eon do have airbags in their top of line models. Other than these, no music system, cup holders for front passenger and small size wheels.

• A L SHAH |05 Apr,2014 09:19:18 PM

Datsun must have safety measures devices and music system in its top models.A dashboard is also expected.

puneet |12 Dec,2014 12:53:33 PM

Xhzhxhxjxxjx

puneet |12 Dec,2014 12:53:50 PM

shxhxjxjxjx

puneet |12 Dec,2014 12:54:07 PM

Hxhxhxhzhzhjh

• Dr Sant Lal Verma |11 Apr,2014 06:58:52 PM

I want to have test ride first.

• gln reddy |13 Apr,2014 05:45:42 PM

CAN IT BE FITTED WITH LPG CONVERSION KIT. THEN WHAT WOULD BE FUEL EFFICIENCY FOR LPG?

• K.J.GHILDIYAL |17 Apr,2014 05:12:02 PM

i am from New Tehri Town , want to know more about this car Datsun-GO

• NILANJAN DAS |18 Apr,2014 11:09:21 AM

what is the waiting period?. what is the spares costing & availabity and serviceability as conpared to others/

tes |07 May,2014 03:38:54 PM

hi

• vicky garg |24 Apr,2014 12:30:06 PM

in 3.12 lacks what company do more.. nobody see at engine maruti is giving only 800 cc engine and 47 bhb in alto. but dustun 1200cc and 67 bhp almost same to swift..

Samie Fazili |31 Jul,2014 12:48:52 PM

Mr. garg you are absolutely right... comparing with other cars like... Alto 800, k10 , Eon, even with santro xing... Datsun Go is far better and decent car.

Shrikanth |22 Sep,2014 08:42:08 PM

Well said...!!! People buying swift can shift to go.

• kurian |26 Apr,2014 11:41:47 AM

mr. AL shah music systen is there in the top end model but just that CD player is not there you can play music with ur cell or pd.

• suyesh kale |26 Apr,2014 02:44:00 PM

I am confused in buying Ford Figo and datsun go.. which one yo choose?

• R.V.Perumal |28 Apr,2014 12:41:27 PM

I recently had a test drive of Datsun GO . The car is good & reasonably heavy to drive.It easily goes 100 km Good space. Backside head rest are low. The wheels are 13 size appear to be too small for this big car. Other wise the mileage comes to Rs .4 plus per km. it is a good deal. R.V.Perumal.

Harsh |12 Nov,2015 04:14:24 PM

Used over a year. Mileage is good so is the car.

• Kaladhar Narayan Mungi |12 May,2014 11:21:57 AM

Datsun a trusted brand for years and makes cars as per consuer's needs. I still remember the Datsun Bluebird and Datsun Sunny which were very famous and successful models. The Datsun go will also be a sure success. My only doubt its sticking to the market since I have seen Datsun suddenly winded off there operations and were out of the market and then again they came up as Nissan and once again now Nissan Micra and Datsun go from the same roof but under different brand. In such strategies the consumer gets in trouble because availability of spares and service stations becomes a challenge when sudden wind off and mergers between the companies takes place. Rest the Datsun go is fine and the joining of its front seats reminds the vehicle of seventies and eightees.

krishna |10 Jan,2015 11:48:04 AM

Sir,You have given very valuable suggestions and insight--one should also keep in mind in terms of reliability of the brand and the company.

• N.DAS |26 May,2014 01:32:29 AM

i have gone through the details of Datsun go T. however have one doubt. how the driver seat can be moved horizontally since front seats are joined?

Kriahna Patil |05 Apr,2015 11:29:25 AM

Yes; driver n co-driver both seats moves horizontaly

• Santhosh. S |09 Jun,2014 11:10:23 AM

What is the actual mileage of the car? I saw few users tell that it gives 9KMPL?

• Dilip Kumar Borthakur |16 Jun,2014 05:18:25 PM

Reading review of DATSUN GO T, I am confused. Actually I desire to buy the same.

• vengatesang |21 Jun,2014 08:51:51 PM

what is the mileage in city

• Syed Monis Khurshid |18 Jul,2014 09:41:03 AM

I have booked my Datsun Go top model on 17th July.The outside look is promising and doesnt feel like it belongs to the entry level Hatch segment.Unfortunately i didnt had a proper test drive before booking so i am a bit apprehensive,is it worth it.I read ,the engine noise is too annoying and im feeling confused now about the fact have i made the right choice.Kindly advise and reply with the answers have i made the right choice or not....regards.

• santhoshkumar |30 Aug,2014 01:18:50 PM

sir ilike datsun go T.

• yogesh lakhena |06 Sep,2014 12:35:37 AM

I am confused in buying alto 800 top model and datsun go.. which one yo choose?

pooja |09 Sep,2014 01:05:26 PM

ya you can purchase Go because this car has very good looking front and rear same POLO and features are also good from Alto 800

Rahul |12 Nov,2014 04:26:44 PM

defenitely go for Datsun go without any doubt

• RAJESH RAJPUROHIT |16 Sep,2014 12:51:20 AM

DATSON IS VERY GOOD LOOKING CAR IN INDIA

BN tiwari |21 Sep,2014 12:00:04 PM

hi friend i m very confused by dutsun Go , and eon top model (998cc) and i want pursach duston go but confused about resale and service center.

• rinki guha |23 Sep,2014 01:03:30 AM

i want to change my alto lxi 2008 model which is good. condition...and go for dutsun go.is it a ggod one. .what will be the onroad price in kolkata?how is the body meterial?

Sunil Chandak |13 Nov,2014 01:10:17 PM

Datsun Go.......... is a good car. Cheapest car with promising engine performance. Be it, in terms of power, or it may be space. No other car maker is providing such powerful engine at this price point. If you are planning to sell your Alto, what will be the price of your car, to sell. Pls do let me know at 8260699099 Thanks & Regards,

• Girish |24 Sep,2014 04:43:13 AM

I would like to buy EON or Dastan or Brio. Can you please suggest me.

naveen |16 Feb,2016 11:35:44 PM

Brio is the best car for comfort and engine.

• karthik |09 Oct,2014 10:00:11 AM

i want to know about datsun go? who knows???

• dev |08 Nov,2014 12:05:29 AM

nice car with all faeture

Sam |14 May,2015 04:32:41 PM

Hii dev .... Thanks

• bikram kr barman |18 Nov,2014 07:54:57 AM

this is a very good car in india looking is so good

• tr |24 Nov,2014 03:53:32 PM

Ttgggghhhhuhhuhuhh

• puneet |12 Dec,2014 12:53:14 PM

Sghsshxhhxhxj

• NAVIN DHANSUKH |13 Feb,2015 02:25:29 PM

TO CLEAR EVERY ONE DOUBT THIS IS THE BEST CAR IN ENTRY SEGEMTN , BIG ENGINE BIG SPACE AT BACK SEATS BIG ON SPACE IN THE BOOT. BIG ON MILEAGE WHAT ELSE DO YOU WANT IN A ENTRY LEVEL CAR. IT CAN WIFE ALL COMPETITION AT JUST ONE GO. DONT THINK TWICE BETWEEN EON, ALTO OR WAGAN R PETROL , DATSUN IS THE BEST CAR FOR A BIG FAMILY OF 5 . GO DATSUN GO

Deva |16 Oct,2015 11:35:15 PM

1)Which car is good? Datson Go OR Renault Kwid? I m confused. 2)Any noise in engine of both the vehicles? Pl guide.

Rahul kalita |18 May,2016 11:12:38 AM

Kwid is best ...u take a test drive ....Dan I'm sure u would go with kwid

• Mukesh |21 Mar,2015 02:12:50 PM

I like Datsun go

• Kriahna Patil |05 Apr,2015 11:31:24 AM

If any one want to know brief information; contact me i m Datsun purchase consultant.

bala |09 May,2015 12:01:49 AM

Sir.,i wanna buy datsun car...bt it doesn't hv Abs n airbags,.tats y embarrassing...I lik d design bt safety features r nly downside...wat shal I do nw.....I'm keeping celerio as ma alter option...kindly make me clear

• Deepak |26 May,2015 08:55:07 PM

Awesome Car Very good pick up , very good Average , Very good drive , Top speed is 160 km/hr . Do not go for Swift , I 20 , liva , I 10 they are like garbage and price are very high which is not worth it. Datson is the best brand .

• vijay |11 Jun,2015 12:56:04 AM

Today I had a test drive of datsun go t in pune...look wise it is perfect....front light nd back lights are very good....interior is also fine.driver seat is very comfortable because of its spcl design.one thing disappointed me enjine noice nd vibration

vijay |11 Jun,2015 12:59:37 AM

Is it there in all datsun vehicle ..earlier I was using hyundai i10...there were very less vibration compare to datsun...car was on neutral mode nd I opened front door...it was vibrating...I dnt knw whether u people gave observed or not

• Hemant Kumar |01 Jul,2015 08:55:09 AM

Hi i am planning to buy new hatchback car and budget is till 4 lakh.. So much confused with eon, alto 800 and datsun..so which 1 i should choose .. Plz guys suggest me best 1 from every point...

• prem |21 Jul,2015 03:05:48 PM

I bought a car recently.. Plz dont go for accesory fitting.. They may fool you.. Better do outside

• lokesh |01 Aug,2015 02:50:40 PM

No firdge , no grainder , and to take bath no rest room

• lokesh |01 Aug,2015 02:55:44 PM

I bought this car one year ago and I driven it 12000km I don't find any problem in engine Really I love this car! worth for u r money compare engine with every car in this range Datsun rocks u

• omprakash |01 Oct,2015 11:35:17 AM

Is t model GO has power sreering???

• Akshay |04 Feb,2016 09:55:54 PM

Any one using? Cng in datsun go?

• kuldeep kumar |02 Mar,2016 01:19:13 PM

If you can do compromise with brand..then datsun cars can be very good option for customer...in this price bar.????

Sid |09 Apr,2016 10:24:13 PM

GO is an excellent car. Superd drvng comfort.

• devender goswami |04 May,2016 06:11:20 PM

So nice car....I have used this,I m 100% satisfied this car.