Very Very Bad Mileage Don't ever consider buying Chevrolet Veihcles

• Appearance

Cons : Don't trust Chevrolet Vehicles

I bought the Chevrolet SAIL LS ABS model in the month of April-2013, i bought this veichle from Trident Richmond Road - Bangalore, their service is pathetic and on top of it the mileage is very poor. i am getting only 10 Kms, where as i was promised with 22 Kms / Litre,  I am going to sue General Motors for giving wrong comittements to the customer.   Pickup - Bad   Mileage - Very Very Poor   Best Features   Needs to improve   Overall Experience

Comments Chevrolet Sail
  • rajesh subhedar |27 Jun,2013 12:29:23 AM

was planing to purchase this car but now i am cancaling to purchase it

• Chevrolet Support |27 Jun,2013 12:13:31 PM

Hi Bikram, thank you for raising this. Kindly share your contact details at and we shall get in touch with you regarding your concern.

• krishna |28 Jun,2013 06:07:19 PM

HI Bikram Whatever you said is correct but before you raising this point you should consider that how many KM you have driven bcz its only 2 months i hope so and also its depends on driving conditions

• Manu |28 Jun,2013 09:27:12 PM

That is correct, We have driven same LS ABS close to 900 Kms and still We are getting around 9 KM/Litre... And yes, pickup is very very bad too..

krishna |01 Jul,2013 01:22:31 PM

ok but, 900kms is not at all considerable at least u should wait for 1 or 2 services then only u will get the original mileage,and u should follow the instructions provided in the booklet there are certain limitations to get better mileage in long run as well.

Manu |13 Jul,2013 05:56:56 PM

What do you mean 900 KM is not at all considerable ? Its about 100 litres of Petrol i.e worh 7000 rupees ? And don't tell me about manual. Been driving car for past 12 years. And if one has to follow GM's manual then they should given 18 + average.. isn't it ? This is a big fraud... We must mobilize against this on Facebook

davis |08 Jul,2013 11:56:07 PM

i like to buy a 1.2 LS ABS (PETROL) sail sedan,may i know yours is a petrol or diesel variant.

shikhar |26 Dec,2013 11:00:58 PM

PEOPLE are talking about mileage but i think either they are duing neagetive marketing or they don,t know who is pulling the strings or the driver or com these people choose different career ,i think they should be automobiles geniues that they are putting up the facts which they are so particular. what the hell automobiles industry has r&d department.,

• Manu |28 Jun,2013 09:28:28 PM

And by the way, We live in Gurgaon and most of these kilometers have been on excellent road conditions between Delhi/Gurgaon and on Delhi/Jaipur highway...

• abhi singh |01 Jul,2013 09:29:39 AM

i am too getting an average of 14

• Sudheer |10 Jul,2013 04:56:50 PM

I have Sail LT ABS Diesel, i am also getting around 10-11KMPL. I have drown the car around 4000 KM but still the same average, Workshop guys says to me we checked engine is giving correct milege not sure what the hell they are talking, i am paying from my pocket not they are paying, i asked them i am filling the tank you go on ride give me the 15-16 KMPL in odometer, then unki fat gai no one is ready to show me on ride, only verbal they are trying to show me engine is correct, apart from Milege, In very first monsoon, water logging inside the cabin destroyed the bottom interiors, Steering vibration, they tried to fix but now awaiting parts from GM wow, GM really compromised the safety, Sad to say now No Trust on GM, i bought the SAil based on GM trust, Dropped mail to wecare but no response , that measn they dont care about bad product.

krishna |12 Jul,2013 10:53:10 AM

yes there may some issues in car they stopped productions at present they are trying to resolve the problem , they are saying that these are emission issues but i dont think so, there may be some other problems in engine, actually am planing to buy this car but present am changing my mind.

Sudheer |12 Jul,2013 02:20:18 PM

from my experience with the car, i would suggest all prospect owner do not even consider to buy the car. bran new car visting workshop everymonth, you will like fool made by GM which is big name in International market, I am lucky that atleast Dealr trying his best to resolve the issues whatever they can. But i expect GM to come foraward and take back the car and do proper QA testing and fix necessary things rather than i am doing everymonth reaching to them, I paid from my pocket and they earned.

Mukesh |16 Aug,2013 09:23:29 PM

I have Sail Sedan Diesel, I am getting millege 18+ in city and 22+ on Highway, how you drive it's all depend . I am happy with this car

• saroj kumar dhal |19 Jul,2013 10:48:31 AM

i want to know the milage diesel accurate

Sudheer |22 Jul,2013 11:16:16 AM

diesel with AC 10-11, without ac 13-14

• raja |22 Jul,2013 06:13:02 PM

I Bought a SAIL SEDAN LT DIESEL and within a month problem started , the car emits a heavy black smoke and very poor mileage of 8 or 9. after servicing it for 3 to 4 times in the authorized service center nothing got improved , and when contacted the show room , they said contact Service people. i sent mail to GM and SIAM and got call from Local service center to bring the car once again for service. in the Websites and from other sources heard that they will completely replace the faulty engine but this news was denied by service center people as they dont have official message from GM. GM is not recalling or replying the customer's who trusted it and bought the vehicle in faith . this is a kind of betrayal shown by GM to its customers.

• Anil |25 Jul,2013 10:46:08 PM

Dear All, My car LS ABS also giving 9-10 Km of average even after tried (purchased in mid April) I do not know what to do...also the pickup is very poor. I have checked on highway also..but it is same.

• varun nagra |20 Aug,2013 04:02:02 PM

hey..i was looking to purchase that car..after reading ur reviews..i have changed my mind.. is it a bad car to purchase..?

• amit pawar |28 Aug,2013 12:59:21 PM

I am planning to buy this car but after reading not 1 but all the reviews, i have changed my mind.i am not gonna buy this and m lookin forward to i20

• dinakar |03 Feb,2014 10:50:34 AM

Hi !! am crazy on this car to purchase !! but after reading above issues, i droped my idea to buy this car.. 1] No service center. 2 ] No mileage 3] No pickup 4] No customer satisfaction ..

• vinayak |30 Mar,2014 01:02:50 AM

Hi , I test drove this car and found the pick up very low and the throttle bit hard.....the ride quality was excellent....and teh looks are stunning . after going through the reviews iam worried about the Mileage .The car is now in the market for over 1 year.. so need some of your inputs on this. Thanks

• amit |01 Mar,2016 11:48:13 AM

Its good sail car milage on highway 18/ltr with ac speed 100-120/ my running near 120,000 km.good engine good pic-up.exllent warranty period. It complite packege. Thanks chevy for good car.

Chevrolet Sail review scorecard