Defects in sail sedan

• Appearance

Pros : economical

Cons : noise from wind screen/windows/steering

Look and Style good   Comfort good   Pickupgood   Mileage 15-16 (after travelling just 500km)   Best Features look&STYLE   Needs to improve  better plastic should be used for interiors,    Overall Experience purchased  a good,economical and best value for money but it has its own pros and cons (noise from wind screen/windows/steering)

Comments Chevrolet Sail
  • SUSHIL GUPTA |25 Apr,2013 07:19:47 PM

• ayan |27 Apr,2013 08:41:20 PM

Have you purchased the petrol or the diesel version?

Ram kishan |30 Apr,2013 08:32:52 PM

the diesel variant the mileage specified above is when i used ac the whole time.

ayan |03 May,2013 07:49:35 AM

thanks a lot ram kishan.

manish |17 May,2013 07:59:17 AM

Pl let me know about the SAIL Petrol Version. I am planning to book it today . But a Bit confused as When I took test drive I felt that the Pick up was same as diesel variant of SAIL. The pick up was not that fast as dzire. And also what about the spare parts. I heard they are very costly . Pl share with me the SAIL PETROL performance ,Pick up and driving comfort.

Ram kishan |13 Aug,2013 06:52:21 PM

sorry i dont have any experience with the petrol version

Sap |27 Mar,2014 12:08:36 AM

SAIL's spare parts cost quite economical rather.

Satya |17 May,2013 10:19:06 AM

Hey Ram - r u done with your first servicing? Do you knonw any one who got the first servicing done? and any feedback on mileage after servicing?

Sriram |10 Jun,2013 08:12:17 PM

Even after 3000km I am getting only 15/litre. Rattling in the fender and the steering is unmanageable.

Satya |18 Jun,2013 12:39:11 AM

I have done 1200KM... and getting an avg mileage of 14.5KMPL. I guess it will be improved aftee the first servicing.. Hoping for the Best.

Sriram |18 Jun,2013 10:45:00 PM

My friend who bought it together with me gets 19kmpl diesel. But I am getting only 14.5. Lot of noise while driving. But the service center recommends to wait till 7500km run. It seems like broken wheel bearing which causes noice as well as drop in mileage.

RK |29 Jul,2013 08:30:48 PM

For our Road conditions, we should go with Maruthi DZire is ok. costwise/servicewise/resale value value fro money.

munusamy |04 Apr,2014 12:05:19 PM

can you pl give explanation to Shift dzire , how it is better than sail (petrol version)

Manish Meghan |02 Jun,2013 08:11:52 PM

i m purchasing petrol

• bivi |15 May,2013 01:13:28 PM

Have you purchased the petrol or the diesel version?

Ram kishan |13 Aug,2013 06:54:33 PM

diesel varient

• k.v.sivaiah |22 Jun,2013 07:24:25 PM

I am planning to purchase Chevrolet sail sedan,petrol variant.Pls let me know suggestions from users of the same

Sreekumar G |02 Jul,2013 11:38:41 PM

i am going to purchase a chevrolet full option LT ABS Petrol. what is your opinion ?

• Divyanshu |25 Jun,2013 11:27:49 AM

go to showroom and tell them about noise. there a problem with the front strip. The company has asked all dealers to change the part

Akshat |01 Jul,2013 02:18:25 AM

R u sure that company has asked all dealers to change the part? Pls give me details as i am also facing the same problem

Divyanshu DOneria |13 Oct,2013 05:04:33 PM

Go to the dealer from you u purchased car. If he dont change it ask him to connect you to customer care of General Motors India. SOme dealers need kick in ass to work

• Yogik |26 Jun,2013 11:14:23 AM

Hi friends, I am planning to buy Sail Sedan 1.2 Base model (Petrol) pls advise me for the same as i read some reviews saying that it do have some noise problem while riding sail. experts pls reply to my query.. -- Yogik

sudheer |22 Jul,2013 11:21:40 AM

Please do not buy, noise inside cabin coming form everywhere, there is seems manufacturing defects in the body architecture itself and avg is not consistent. i am wondering after 1-2 years how it will behave form now. I am the poor owner of chevy sail drove more than 4000KM :(

Yogik |28 Jul,2013 10:31:01 AM

Thanks sudheer for advise

• Dr.Gurbir Singh Dhillon |02 Jul,2013 09:54:47 AM

After 7000 kms my experience..(.mileage 18.5 kms/l,),,(little noise from windows..front..),(when window closed no noise to me..little always.with AC but i think little increasing.),comfort .looks i like most....yes steering little uncomfortable to my legs,,as it hurt my knees..I think Chevrolet should improve their service centers..and enlarge their showrooms...

Sap |27 Mar,2014 12:14:30 AM

The Steering in the SAIL has a long range of height adjustment. I do believe if you adjust it to your choice it wont hurt your knees any more. You will find the Lever below the Steering, push it down - adjust the height - pull it up and tighten securely. Told from my experience. i am 6 feet tall.

• Ram kishan |13 Aug,2013 06:56:22 PM

most of your views are probably legit as to my experience but i think that the stering wheel is adjustable to your needs

• Haresh |15 Aug,2013 09:57:37 PM

Hi friends, I am planning to buy Sail Sedan 1.3 LS ABS TCDI model (DIESEL) pls advise me for the same as i read some reviews saying that it do have some noise problem while riding sail. experts pls reply to my query.. -- Haresh patel

• Milind R Deshpande |07 Oct,2013 07:27:47 PM

Hello friends, please advise me between SAIL 1.2LS and Honda Amaze 1.2 EXMT. finalizing shortly.

• Saswat |20 Nov,2013 09:10:39 AM

Hello, I'm also driving a 1.2 LT ABS. not as early as yours, but my car also started giving out those noises from the Dashboard, Windshield, Steering wheel, clutch and horn tuned mono. Believe me, I took my car to the service center (Orange Auto at Sanath Nagar, Hyderabad if you need to be aware). They said that the glass needs to be reset into it's position. This was a known issue in all the sail cars. My car is now fixed and believe me, now I'm a more proud owner of it. So, don't be disheartened and visit a good service centre. If they are unaware of the solution, tell them to contact the service centre I mentioned above. Don't lose your hope on your car. It's still a beautiful car. :)

• Vijay |17 Dec,2013 04:12:52 PM

I am in dilemma to buy Sail 1.3 LS ABS or swift VDI. If any one having sail pls update shall i go for sail or swift??? i hav sum confusion in mileage in sail. So, pls suggest.

• ravichandran |30 Jul,2014 09:22:50 AM

Dear Sirs, I have planned to purchase Chevrolet-Sail Sedan -1.3TCDi LS model. KIndly guide me in all respects (milage,comfort,look,performance etc) whether I can take or some other choices. Please.

Chevrolet Sail review scorecard