Key Specs of Audi A3
|Mileage (upto)||20.38 kmpl|
|Engine (upto)||1968 cc|
A3 Latest Update
Audi India has introduced a 'Comprehensive Service Plan' for the A3. Click here for more details.
Audi launched the A3 facelift in the country in April 2017. It is the mid-cycle update of the first-gen A3 sedan (based on the third-gen A3 hatchback), which was launched in India in 2014. Like before, the Mercedes-Benz CLA remains the arch rival of the A3 facelift.
The 2017 A3 gets subtle styling upgrades, additional features and a new, downsized turbo petrol engine, which is borrowed from the all-new A4. Speaking of the additional features, Audi's Xenon plus headlamps are now standard in the updated model, while it can also be had with the optional all-LED unit. The similar tail lamps now come with a distinct LED graphic along with Audi's dynamic turn signals. On the inside, it gets a new three-spoke steering wheel. The infotainment system now comes with Audi's latest MMI unit and it also gets the Audi phone box (wireless inductive charging). Besides these, rest of the features and cabin elements have been carried forward in the updated model.
As for the engines, the 2017 A3 comes with a brand new 1.4-litre TFSI turbocharged petrol engine (150PS/250Nm) with cylinder deactivation tech, which has replaced the 1.8-litre TFSI unit available in the pre-facelift model. It is mated to a seven-speed DSG automatic gearbox and returns a certified fuel efficiency of 19.2kmpl, making it the most fuel efficient petrol offering in its price band. The diesel, on the other hand, remains the same – the 2.0-litre TDI (143PS/320Nm) – and is coupled to a six-speed DSG automatic transmission.
Audi A3 price list (Variants)
- All Version
- Diesel Version
- Petrol Version
Expert Review of Audi A3
Things We Like in A3
- Classy, understated design and rock solid build quality.
- Both engines are fuel-efficient and offer adequate performance.
- Long list of features – LED headlights and tail lights, dynamic turn indicators, Audi Multi-Media Interface, panoramic sunroof etc.
- Premium interior with great fit and finish quality.
Things We Don't Like in A3
- Dummy buttons on centre console and passenger doors look ungainly.
- No paddle-shifters offered.
- Cabin space, while better than its rival, the Mercedes CLA’s, is quite limited for the price.
Stand Out Features
Retractable Audi Multi-Media Interface with voice commands.
Flip-down rear seat.
LED headlights and dynamic rear turn indicators.
Audi A3 User Reviews
Rate the Car
- Latest Reviews
- Most Helpful Reviews
Audi, the German luxury brand, was the last entrant among the three giants to enter the Indian market. However, coming with the aggressive strategy in place, it has left ...
Audi A3 Comparison with similar cars - Compare Cars
Mileage of Audi A3
The claimed ARAI mileage for the automatic variants: Audi A3 Diesel is 20.38 kmpl | Audi A3 Petrol is 19.2 kmpl.
|Fuel Type||Transmission||ARAI Mileage|
Audi A3 Images and Videos
- 8:6Audi A3 Facelift | First Drive Review | ZigWheels
- 11:53Mercedes Benz CLA-Class vs Audi A3 | Comparison Test | Autocar India - Audi Videos
- 5:22014 Audi A3 Sedan 35TDI Diesel | First Drive Video Review
- 8:312014 Audi A3 Sedan 1.8 TFSI Petrol | Exclusive India Drive Review
- 0:31The Audi A3 Sedan
- 2:58Audi A3 -- Electromechanical Parking Brake
- 4:272014 A3 Sedan: Audi's latest salvo
- 7:39Whats new in the 2017 Audi A3: PowerDrift
Audi A3 News
The sedans have to be faster and frugal than the SUV. But by how much?
The sedan is quicker and more frugal too, but by how much?
The Audi A3 facelift comes with a host of changes. We highlight how it has evolved over the older A3 in this story. Tap to know more.
Let's compare the specifications of all three cars and try to figure out which one suits you the best.
The Audi A3 facelift not just adapts the all-new A4 like styling, but also borrows the latter’s newly added, downsized, turbocharged petrol engine, making it the most fuel efficient in its segment.
Save BIG by buying a Used Car
- Used Audi A3
- Similarly Priced
- Total Loan AmountRs.0
- Payable AmountRs.0
- You’ll pay extraRs.0
Calculated on Ex-Showroom priceRs. /month
On Audi All Cars :- 50% discount on Road s...
Trending Audi Cars