Comprehensive motor insurance gets even more comprehensive with roadside assistance
Modified On Aug 03, 2016 06:36 PM By CarDekho
"Aradhana, a young journalist, was coming late from work and finds herself in a situation most female drivers dread to be in: Her car breaks down! Instead of leaving her vehicle stranded and looking for a mechanic, she knew help was just a call away because her insurance provider offers roadside assistance, round the clock, with her comprehensive car insurance guide."
Amidst the need for such benefits, many insurance providers have now started to offer a host of benefits under roadside assistance to the policy holders in case of the vehicle becoming immobile.
Some of the benefits offered by insurance companies include:
1. Locked or Lost car keys pick up: In case of car keys are lost or locked inside the vehicle, you can ask for a free pick-up of spare car keys or in some cases, replacement of keys is also provided.
2. Fuel Assistance:The company will reach out to you with fuel instead of you having to leave your vehicle unattended to look for a petrol station in case the vehicle runs out of fuel
3. Taxi Benefits: Travel is arranged for all occupants through a hired cab in case of immobilization
4. Accommodation Benefits: In case the family is going on a trip and the vehicle breaks down en route, hotel accommodation is provided for all the family members.
5. Towing facility: Vehicle is towed to the nearest garage in case of any breakdown.
6. Flat tyre change : Assistance provided towards flat tyre change.
Apart from the above mentioned benefits, other services under roadside assistance include legal advice, on-site minor repairs, medical co-ordination , daily cash allowance and many more. Insurance companies are increasingly focusing on providing such benefits to customers as an extension to their basic insurance coverage. Customers can avail these benefits by paying an additional cost. However, some companies are provide these benefits as a part of the insurance cover as value added services. For instance, Berkshireinsurance.com offers a total of 11 benefits under 24*7 spot assistance as a value added service for online customers.
So, next time your vehicle is due for renewal or you are planning to get new car insurance, make sure these benefits are also available with your cover.