Key Specs of Volvo XC40
|Mileage (upto)||18.0 kmpl|
|Engine (upto)||1969 cc|
XC40 Latest Update
Latest News: The Volvo XC40 has breezed through Euro-NCAP tests with a five-star rating. You can read more about it here. Vovlo sold off the first lot of 200 units earmarked for the country within two weeks of launching it. Prices of the next lot of R-Design units have subsequently been increased from Rs 39.9 lakh to Rs 42.9 lakh (ex-showroom). Volvo has also added two new variants to the range - Momentum and Inscription.
Volvo XC40 Variants and Price: The Volvo XC40 is available in three variants - Momentum, R-Design and Inscription. While the Momentum is the base-spec variant priced at Rs 39.9 lakh, the Inscription is the top-spec variant with a price tag of 43.9 lakh (ex-showroom India).
Volvo XC40 Engine: The XC40 is available exclusively with the D4 diesel engine. It is a 2.0-litre, 4-cylinder unit that produces 190PS of maximum power and 400Nm of peak torque. Power is sent to all four wheels via an 8-speed automatic transmission and a front-biased 4WD system.
Volvo XC40 Features: The XC40 is one of the most well-equipped SUVs in its class. In terms of safety features, it gets Level 2 autonomous driving with lane keep aid and radar-based cruise control. Other safety features on offer include hill start assist, hill descent control and park pilot assist.
As far as convenience and comfort features are concerned, the XC40 gets a 9-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, an 8-way electrically adjustable driver’s seat, dual zone climate control with rear AC vents, a 13-speaker Harman Kardon sound system, front and rear heated seats and a panoramic sunroof.
Volvo XC40 price list (Variants)
Expert Review of Volvo XC40
Things We Like in XC40
- It follows Volvo’s exciting new design language but has enough unique elements to set it apart from the rest of the XC range
- There’s ample storage space inside the Volvo XC40. It gets a 586-litre boot, which can be further expanded to 1336-litre by folding the 60:40 split rear seat. The boot’s unique folding floor pattern makes it easy to divide it into sections too.
- The Volvo XC40 provides plenty of space for four passengers. Two six-footers can sit one behind the other with ease
- Safety is top-notch in the Volvo XC40. It gets many first-in-segment features such as radar-based city safety aid, adaptive cruise control, lane keeping assist, park assist, a panoramic sunroof and a hands-free electric tailgate
- The Volvo XC40 features an upright design which helps it stand out from its rivals, some of which look like hatchbacks on stilts
- Although the quality of materials used in the XC40 does not match that of its elder siblings such as the XC60 or XC90, the cabin of the Volvo XC40 is luxurious enough to make you feel you are sitting in a much premium car than its price tag suggests
Things We Don't Like in XC40
- The Volvo XC40 misses out on small yet practical features like automatic wipers and a 360-degree camera
- Heated seats in the XC40 don't make much sense in India. We would have preferred ventilated seats instead
- Use of orange fabric inside the cabin may not be to everyone’s liking. Also, being a light colour, it can get soiled quite easily
- Though the rear seats are spacious, the door opening is quite narrow, making the cabin slightly difficult to enter, especially for the elderly
- The all-digital instrument cluster in the Volvo XC40 could have been better designed. There’s lots of wasted space and the small text on the display is quite hard to read while on the move
- The XC40 has a harsh ride quality when compared to its rivals. It is stiff and wallowy at the same time
- Rear seats are too upright to be comfortable over longer distances
Stand Out Features
Largest in segment 9.0-inch infotainment touchscreen supports Android Auto and Apple CarPlay, is connected to a 13-speaker Harman and Kardon surround system with a unique air compressor woofer
Unique smart luggage compartment floor makes 586-litre boot more usable
Segment-first radar-based safety features including adaptive cruise control, collision avoidance and lane keeping assist
Volvo XC40 Comparison with similar cars - Compare Cars
Mileage of Volvo XC40
The claimed ARAI mileage for the automatic variant: Volvo XC40 Diesel is 18.0 kmpl.
|Fuel Type||Transmission||ARAI Mileage|
Volvo XC40 Videos
- 0:59New Volvo XC40 presentation VideoJan 28, 2015
- 6:402018 Volvo XC40 Review In HindiJun 11, 2018
- 9:182018 Volvo XC40 India Review | Small SUV, Big Surprise | Zigwheels.comMay 29, 2018
- 11:54Volvo XC40 : Rs 40 lakh Semi-autonomous Swedish compact SUV : PowerDriftMay 29, 2018
- 8:36Volvo XC40 | First Drive Review | ZigWheels.comJan 16, 2018
Volvo XC40 Images and Colours
Volvo XC40 News
One among the three new motors is the T3 petrol, which is Volvo’s first three-cylinder engine
Which of these two compact SUVs offer a better value for your money? We find out
The Swedish carmaker’s smallest SUV joins the XC60 and XC90 as one of the safest cars on the road
The XC40 is now priced from Rs 39.9 lakh to Rs 43.9 lakh (ex-showroom pan-India)
The Momentum will be the most affordable variant of the compact Volvo SUV
Save BIG by buying a Used Car
- Total Loan AmountRs.0
- Payable AmountRs.0
- You’ll pay extraRs.0
Calculated on Ex-Showroom priceRs. /month