Key Specs of Volvo XC40
|Engine (upto)||1969 cc|
Latest Update: Volvo has launched two new variants, Momentum and Inscription, of the XC40 SUV and has revised the price of the existing R-Design variant, which now cost Rs 3 lakh more than before. Read more about it here.
Volvo XC40 Variants and Price: The Volvo XC40 is available in three variants: Momentum, R-Design and Inscription. While the Momentum is the base-spec variant priced at Rs 39.9 lakh, the Inscription is the top of the line variant with a price tag of 43.9 lakh (ex-showroom pan-India).
Volvo XC40 Engine: The XC40 is available only with the D4 diesel engine. It is a 2.0-litre 4-cylinder unit that makes 190PS of maximum power and 400Nm of peak torque. Power is sent to all four wheels via an 8-speed automatic transmission and front-biased 4WD system.
Volvo XC40 Features: The XC40 is one of the most well-equipped cars in its class. For safety, it gets level 2 autonomous driving with help of lane keep aid and radar-based cruise control. Other safety features on offer include hill start and hill descent control, and park pilot assist.
As far as convenience and comfort features are concerned, the XC40 gets a 9-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, 8-way electrically adjustable driver seat, dual zone climate control with rear AC vents, 13-speaker Harman Kardon sound system, front and rear heated seats and a panoramic sunroof.
Volvo XC40 price list (Variants)
Compare Volvo XC40 with similar cars - Compare Cars
Expert Review of Volvo XC40
Things We Like in XC40
- Convenient storage solutions - Rear seats flat-fold in a 60:40 ratio to increase bootspace from the standard 586-litres, centre seat can be folded to put long articles, boot has a unique folding floor to easily compartmentalize it
- Many first-in-segment features, including radar-based city safety aid, adaptive cruise control, lane keeping assist, parking assist, panoramic sunroof, handsfree electric tailgate
- Spacious cabin for 4, two 6-footers can sit one behind the other
- Luxurious feeling in the cabin is no lower than it's bigger siblings, even though materials used are not of the same quality
- Upright SUV design, does not look like a crossover
- Follows Volvo’s exciting new design language, but has unique elements to set it apart from the rest of the XC range
Things We Don't Like in XC40
- Orange fabric is a dust magnet, can easily get soiled
- Rear seat entry is tight, can be difficult for older people
- All-digital instrument cluster could have been better designed, lots of wasted space and small text
- Ride quality not suitable for Indian roads, is stiff and wallowy at the same time
- For a car so well loaded, it misses out on automatic wipers and 360-degree camera
- Only heated seats available
Stand Out Features
Segment-first radar-based safety features including adaptive cruise control, collision avoidance and lane keeping assist
Largest in segment 9.0-inch infotainment touchscreen supports Android Auto and Apple CarPlay, is connected to a 13-speaker Harman and Kardon surround system with a unique air compressor woofer
Unique smart luggage compartment floor makes 586-litre boot more usable
Volvo XC40 Mileage
|Fuel Type||Transmission||ARAI Mileage|
Volvo XC40 Images and Videos
- 0:59New Volvo XC40 presentation Video
- 6:402018 Volvo XC40 Review In Hindi
- 9:182018 Volvo XC40 India Review | Small SUV, Big Surprise | Zigwheels.com
- 8:36Volvo XC40 | First Drive Review | ZigWheels.com
Volvo XC40 News
- Total Loan AmountRs.0
- Payable AmountRs.0
- You’ll pay extraRs.0
Calculated on Ex-Showroom priceRs. /month