Dear Friends, Like many others I was a loyal Toyota customer who already had a very good experience of owning a Toyota Innova 2009 7 seater model. After 7 years and 1,15,000 very satisfying km when the time for me to change the car came. No other cars on the market fit the bill to satisfy the needs of mine and my family in front of the standards Toyota Innova 2009 had set for us in terms of Drive quality, Comfort, Low Maintenance etc. Having sold my car already, I came to know the new Innova Crysta won't be available in the market for a few months. During that time, I did good market research on the options available in the market. There were none which clicked. Once the Toyota Innova Crysta was launched we were one of the initial few to make a booking and bring one home. Although I had paid only Rs 10.75 lacs for my last 2009 model and the new Crysta would cost me additional 10 lacs i.e. above Rs 20 lacs. We didn't think twice as we trusted Toyota vehicles. After having driven the car for less than 2000 km I wrote two emails to Toyota customer care, the gist of both is as follows.
First Email on 19-July-2016
Feedback details: 1. Jump seats vibrate n make noise when folded while driving. Also, they are much lighter and far less steady and comfortable compared to the older versions
2. Head rest on jump seats after height adjustment keeps sliding down.
3. The black interior is very difficult to maintain as even the most minute dust particle becomes clearly visible on jet black interiors.
4. Armrests are smaller and less comfortable compared to old ones.
5. Seats are hard and not as comfortable as the old Innova.
6. The rear Socket from where jack handle is inserted to lower down the Stepney tyre had a very thin plastic cover which somehow broke and dropped down the very first time I tried to change a flat tyre. Such an instance had never happened in the 7 years when I had my previous Innova.
7. Door side arm rests are made of very delicate material and I fear won't last long before regular wear and tear make it an eye sore.
8. The foldable handles appear strong however I fear the spring would give up rather too soon.
9. Very disappointed to see my new car worth 20lacs doesn't even support Apple Car Play.
Second Email on 22-July-2016
Dear Sir, Sadly I haven't received a single acknowledgement for my feedback mail. Further to it, I stand greatly disappointed at the lowest levels of quality of material used in the new Innova Crysta. Today in the afternoon I noticed something hanging from underneath the car right below where the front passenger sits. Upon close investigation, I realised its a thin rubber mat hanging from behind the front passenger side tyre. A closer look revealed that this frail loose rubber mat was the only thing dividing and guarding the engine compartment against everything the tyre cavity would face on the rough roads and weathers. It must have come off due to water pushing against it with pressure during Delhi monsoons when the roads were flooded with water and the car was driving through it. I'm and greatly disappointed and terribly regretting the decision of buying Innova for the second time looking at the cost cutting Toyota has done. You have completely violated our trust and faith in your company and your cars. I fear as to what is there to come in the future if a car which is barely two months only and has done less than 2000kms has started to fall apart. During the first checkup service, I was told by the service adviser that the engine compartment and underbody cannot be washed with water as per Toyota guidelines as it may cause multiple sensors on the car to malfunction. I would like to ask your brilliant and wise designers how to they intend to keep water out of the engine compartment if the car drives through another monsoon hit city roads where your so-called partition mats just fall away with the slightest pressure applied by water on the streets. Please find enclosed pictures I have taken to explain the disgrace I am faced with for which I paid a premium price of Rs.20lacs.
It will help us serve you better content and best deals