A perfect Family Car - Got delivery on 8.12.2011

By for Toyota Etios Liva 2013-2014 from Delhi 2011-12-15 11:51:46.0
  • Appearance

Pros : Value for Money, an etsbalished quality brand, Good resale value, fuel efficency, ample space

Cons : Yet to figure it out

Look and Style Looks Good, a fresh & new model. Other models have been around for sometime, as they were much before. Liva is new arrival in hatchback segment. Comfort Inside the cabin, space is plentiful. We were looking for a  family car, where if required all members can travel together. In space, only Vista can match Liva. Swift, Micra etc are good for people looking for individual car or additional car. But for Middle Class people like us, who can afford only one car, we have to see if space is enough for family to go together. Flat rear floor is a big boon in liva. Pickup : Fine Mileage : This car is very fuel efficient and in todays time it makes a great sense. First, Diesel as a fuel and top it up with high fuel efficency - this translates less load on your finances. The running cost of this car is definitely economical, which counts in long run after intial euphoria of a new car gets over after a few days. Best Features Space, Mileage, After Sales Support, Resale Value Needs to improve Introduce a detailed Multi-Information Display. Currently, Door open warning is available. temp, clock, avg mileage etc can be intoruced under M.I.Display. Overall Experience Good and very satisfactory. Liva has to offer all that which are essential and practical for driving (ABS, Central locking, tilt steering to mention a few), instead of loading it with accessroies or gadgets that are seldom used. I have decided to buy Liva after considering almost all other hatchbacks in its category. Vista was ruled out due to quality issues associated with TATA, same holds good for Punto. Fabia and Polo are over-priced, their after sales service/support does not have a good reuptation. Swift and Micra were short of space for my family. In Swift, rear seats are actually meant only for kids, it is a car for 2 adults and 2 kids only. Small rear windows in swift, giving claustrophobic feeling. Furhter, Figo, Punto, Polo, Fabia will not only expensive to maintain but will also not fetch good resale value. i-20 diesel, is also not worth its price, given space constraints. To summarise, Liva is the only model at its price with ABS except Vista. ABS models of i-20, Polo, Fabia, Micra, Swift are far expensive.

• Sreekant K |16 Dec,2011 12:04:57 AM

Very comprehensive review. I think you have aptly described the Liva. Do let us know your ownership experience after some more days. I think Liva is one of the most under rated cars. I for one used to be a big fan of punto. I still like the external styling however the interiors are really a big put off. Liva on the other hand was the only car that made me really happy on all aspects. Before this I was reluctantly going to buy the i10 call it the usual peer pressure or what but since I have test driven the Liva I am very sure thats the best hatchback give or take a few things like centre console and interior plastics in some areas. But the benefits more than outweigh these niggles.

Anurag |16 Dec,2011 10:16:06 AM

Thanks Sreekant & vjerryfuller. Infact there is so much talk about lacklustre interior of Liva, but thats not an issue at all. From delaership itself, get chrome rings for Ac vents, chrome bezel to encircle semicircular area down at gear rod and put a stereo, which changes the entire scene altogether, i have done the same. I am now waiting for red sporty colour gear shift knob, which currebtly is available only for pertol versions.

• vjerryfuller |16 Dec,2011 01:00:14 AM

nice review anurag and nice comment by sreekant. Liva is the only practical family car.

• RK |07 Jan,2012 01:16:09 AM

chrome rings for Ac vents, chrome bezel NOT AVBL IN MOST OF THE SHOW ROOMS... REAR DOOR GARNISH GIVES U A BETTER VIEW FROM BACKSIDE

• Manjunath N Shiroji |31 Mar,2012 11:45:46 PM

Hi, I have really liked Live, May I please have the assistance in deciding to go for petrol or diesel. It will be hardly driven, just 30 - 40 Km per week.

harshang |02 May,2012 04:49:58 PM