Renault KWID
    Maruti Swift
    Maruti Swift
    Rs   4.8 - 7.46 Lakh*
    Compare Cars

Tata Tiago - Truly Fantastico!

By for Tata Tiago 2016-12-26 18:00:48.0
  • Appearance

I have recently bought Tata Tiago Revotron XZ (Berry Red) & this is my First Car. I booked the car in May 2016 and got the delivery in October 2016 (Had to wait for a period 5 Months and a price increase of 20K). I bought the Car from Concorde Motors, Dairy Circle, Bangalore with AMC and Extended warranty as add-ons. Neither Tata Motors nor Concorde motors offered any discounts or freebies. I purchased Side beading as an only additional accessory.

I am a newbie and I don't have much knowledge about Engines, NVH, performance etc. But, from a general user's perspective, Tiago is indeed a great looking Car. Hexagonal front Grille, Alloy wheels, Body-colored side mirrors, bumpers, door handles, and AC vents are really nice looking features.

In the first month, we took Tiago for 2 long drives. We achieved an excellent fuel economy of 23kmpl on the highway (without AC in Eco mode). There was no trouble at all in handling and maneuvering the vehicle. Steering is light. Gear shifting could have been smoother. Sometimes, it's difficult to overtake other cars in Eco Mode. AC is very effective and cools the cabin even when it is kept low. We need to test the AC performance in hot summer condition.

The car is spacious inside and 5 adults can easily sit. The boot is space sufficient enough to carry 3-4 bags. Driver seat height adjustment, reverse parking sensors, rear wiper and wash, rear defogger are really very useful features.

Driver information system is highly informative. You can keep a check on fuel with Distance to empty meter. Eco mode, Gear shift indicators and fuel computer with INST FE Bar graph will help to achieve more mileage.

You can easily connect your Android phone to play media and answer phone calls. But to use Navi maps application, you need to download ConnectNext app from Play Store. ConnectNext app will connect your Car's system with Navi Maps application. However, for turn-by-turn audio navigation, you have to purchase the add-on. ConnectNext app will show a list of other compatible applications (Juke App, Tata Motors Service Connect) which can be used with Tata Tiago. A video demo for connecting Navi Maps will be really helpful.

Have recently finished the first free service. I was happy to see that they picked up and delivered the vehicle to my doorstep. Concorde motors staff is very helpful and they have assigned a dedicated service executive person to me. I can call him to book my next service or ask any queries I have regarding the vehicle.

Before making a purchase decision, I test drove Celerio, KUV100, Grandi10, Baleno. But, features which made me buy this car are Airbags & ABS, Styling, Harman Music System @ stunning price point of 6L (On Road). For any Car, Passenger safety is a must. Hence, along with Tata, all manufacturers should provide ABS and Airbags as standard fitment across all variants.

Tata Tiago is a value for money car in this segment & truly lives the tagline of Fantastico!

• Don't miss out on the festive offers this January
  • Rakesh |26 Dec,2016 09:27:02 PM

Congratulations on your wise purchase Pranav! As a fellow Tiago owner, I would like to inform you that the steps to get FREE Pro-Guidance on NaviMaps are mentioned in the Owners' Manual Bro ;-) No need or purchasing the add-on. Please check it out Cheers!

Pranav |27 Dec,2016 11:24:26 AM

Thanks Rakesh. I have now activated pro guidance without making any payment.

Girish Nair |27 Mar,2017 11:39:56 AM

Hi Rakes, Exactly where is it, I tried looking but couldn't find it ?

• georgemathew |17 Jul,2017 01:32:44 PM

tata tiago amt price

• Madi |18 Sep,2017 05:20:44 PM

I have purchased recently, Tata Tiago XZ petrol is really fantastic, Value for money. Superb Drive Experience. Fuel Economy is good. Went long distances. No body pain. vertical seat adjustment real good feature. But one problem am facing is could not get Navigation display on Harman Infotainment. Did settings as per manual. Looks like Pro-guidance to be purchased from Navimaps which is 599.99 for India. We have to go through Google Payment via play store. I thought it comes by default.