Rating of Tata Tiago

Tata Tiago - Truly Fantastico!

P
Pranav Marathe
On: Dec 26, 2016 | 133 Views

I have recently bought Tata Tiago Revotron XZ (Berry Red) & this is my First Car. I booked the car in May 2016 and got the delivery in October 2016 (Had to wait for a period 5 Months and a price increase of 20K). I bought the Car from Concorde Motors, Dairy Circle, Bangalore with AMC and Extended warranty as add-ons. Neither Tata Motors nor Concorde motors offered any discounts or freebies. I purchased Side beading as an only additional accessory.

I am a newbie and I don't have much knowledge about Engines, NVH, performance etc. But, from a general user's perspective, Tiago is indeed a great looking Car. Hexagonal front Grille, Alloy wheels, Body-colored side mirrors, bumpers, door handles, and AC vents are really nice looking features.

In the first month, we took Tiago for 2 long drives. We achieved an excellent fuel economy of 23kmpl on the highway (without AC in Eco mode). There was no trouble at all in handling and maneuvering the vehicle. Steering is light. Gear shifting could have been smoother. Sometimes, it's difficult to overtake other cars in Eco Mode. AC is very effective and cools the cabin even when it is kept low. We need to test the AC performance in hot summer condition.

The car is spacious inside and 5 adults can easily sit. The boot is space sufficient enough to carry 3-4 bags. Driver seat height adjustment, reverse parking sensors, rear wiper and wash, rear defogger are really very useful features.

Driver information system is highly informative. You can keep a check on fuel with Distance to empty meter. Eco mode, Gear shift indicators and fuel computer with INST FE Bar graph will help to achieve more mileage.

You can easily connect your Android phone to play media and answer phone calls. But to use Navi maps application, you need to download ConnectNext app from Play Store. ConnectNext app will connect your Car's system with Navi Maps application. However, for turn-by-turn audio navigation, you have to purchase the add-on. ConnectNext app will show a list of other compatible applications (Juke App, Tata Motors Service Connect) which can be used with Tata Tiago. A video demo for connecting Navi Maps will be really helpful.

Have recently finished the first free service. I was happy to see that they picked up and delivered the vehicle to my doorstep. Concorde motors staff is very helpful and they have assigned a dedicated service executive person to me. I can call him to book my next service or ask any queries I have regarding the vehicle.

Before making a purchase decision, I test drove Celerio, KUV100, Grandi10, Baleno. But, features which made me buy this car are Airbags & ABS, Styling, Harman Music System @ stunning price point of 6L (On Road). For any Car, Passenger safety is a must. Hence, along with Tata, all manufacturers should provide ABS and Airbags as standard fitment across all variants.

Tata Tiago is a value for money car in this segment & truly lives the tagline of Fantastico!

Other Tiago Reviews

On: Jul 22, 2016 | 20009 Views

Impactful Car

No doubt that this is the best product from Tata Motors till date, so I will start with the Pros which are much ...Read More

• M
    Muzafar Sanadi
    On: Feb 22, 2017 | 22524 Views

Muzafar Nooruddin Sanadi

I bought Tata Tiago XZ (Petrol) Car on 24.12.2016 and I am very impressed with this car. This is my first Car. H...Read More

Tata Tiago Further Research