New skoda fabia review

• Appearance

Pros : space, style

Cons : features

With the experience of Tata Aria visit still fresh in my mind, I was in a dilemma when I was asked to visit the showroom to have a first hand experience of the new Fabia. The reason was simple-with the kind of regard I had for the old Fabia, I didn’t want to see a stripped down version and change the image I had in my mind of the first true luxury hatch in India. But, I was left with no choice and had to go to check her out. One first look at the car and I slightly felt comfortable. The car, though cheap by around 70k compared to the previous avatar, did not look as bad as I had expected. Instead, the fresh new face, with the wider peeled headlamps and bold new grille and the monstrous looking fog lamps, gave it a character, like some of its higher priced siblings. The flow lines from the sides of the bonnet gel with the upper grille so well, and looked inviting. The lower grille had also received fair amount of makeup, and with the low air dam at front, the car gave an impression of a toned up version of the old Fabia. The car length has also been increased by 8 mm and comes quite close to the line of control between a compact and an entry mid car. The height has also, gone up by 8mm, and the ground clearance by 12mm, which is…huge.

Comments Skoda Fabia
  • vikas chawla |14 Oct,2010 12:21:57 PM

nice review ...... can u tell me abt the pick up and do u think it was really slow and low on power as has been publisied and should i go ahead and choose this car fabia 1.2 mpi elegence over swift zxi.......and what abt the after sales have they been improved .....

anu |16 Dec,2010 09:44:51 PM

read the full review at website.Find many more reviews there...

Balachandran |13 Sep,2013 03:59:43 PM

Hey i own a Fabia Elegance petrol version and i would say its a super car. But there ends the enthusiasm as the service network and the way they handle your complaints is really pathetic. They are very good in replacing but not troubleshooting and finding fault. You have to get used to 1 major difference in this car that the initial pickup will come only if you hit the accelerator and after that its a zoom. This is because of the 3 cyl. engine. My beauty returns me a mileage of 15-16 in city with AC on and 20+ on highway. But all this if you shift your gears well and always keep it below 2K RPM when you shift. I always use petrol from Shell as it returns a bit more all the time.i have driven 24K kms in less than 2 yrs and i will say that go for it only if you love the brand else the service guys will kill you for sure. Parts cost is not high and is on par with most other companies. Hope this helps. The production of this model is stopped now and soon you will see a lighter and refreshed version. Wait till Dec when you will get a huge discount !

bala |13 Sep,2013 06:24:20 PM

oops i meant the production as SKD will stop and this will be assembled fully in India to reduce cost to company. This means there will be few more issues with the quality till the assembly lines gain experience. 1 more suggestion that i would like to give is please dont install the leather door trims as you may end up having vibrations when music is ON. The music system and output in this car is a wonder and i love it so try to keep the originality. If you like good quality, fit and finish, a decent music system, nice but only necessary features. I would recommend that you go for it. However, please keep the service aspect in mind. the car requires service only once in 15K kms and thats a huge plus.

• Rajendra |18 Oct,2010 11:08:21 AM

He¡¡ its 3 cylinder engine(making too much noise) No more comments

• Amit Agarwal |27 Oct,2010 11:17:31 PM

@Automate: If you compare service expense then Maruti provides you arround 4-5 services within First 20,000 Kms which costs you somewhere arround 8k-10k then next service on every 10,000 Kms whereas Skoda provides service on every 15,000 Kms which costs you arround 6-7K max( only paid ones). Now, think when a company is asking you to drive your car for 15,000 kms tension free, you can decide the quality of engineering that Skoda possess. @Rajendra: You are right. Fabia is noisy as compared to others.

• gdsgujral |28 Oct,2010 09:20:50 PM

can somebody tell me the price of spare parts generally required in fabia(bumper,side mirror,head lamps etc) .

D. John |01 Dec,2010 11:55:46 PM

go for skoda fabia because i have one

• sujit.ambastha |14 Dec,2010 09:19:52 AM

we dont see Patna/ ranchi sale centre for this car. aso what will happen if we buy this car and need servicig in future.

• l.sree.ranganayakulu |16 Jan,2011 11:24:12 PM

nice and good performance

• Sugandha Chatterjee |23 Jan,2011 08:35:36 PM

which one would be better? skoda fabia or volkswagen polo? rate are almost same so which one should i go for m gifting it to dad...

CarDekho Team |25 Jan,2011 03:14:38 PM

Dear User, We would like to inform you that Volkswagen Polo is a fantastic car. The looks, mileage and comfort of Volkswagen Polo are excellent. Skoda Fabia is also a good car but the car has not been as successful as Volkswagen Polo. Thanks

• manoj |03 Feb,2011 03:27:42 PM

Its quite early for right comments (review) for me, since just driven for a week and only 1000 km. But can share ones feeling. I opted for classic petrol. Drive is good, compared to Figo or Maruti Vechil of similar class i.e. 1.2. Pick up is smooth. You can feel the difference, its visible and felt. 4.35L is advertised price, the actual cost of car is much more, if you take Skoda Shield into account (extended warranty for 2 years). Car is sold only with it. Extra 25-30k. Its quite trim down variant of Skoda Classic European version. Engine is quite Noisy. I am looking for doing some damping under the hood. Don't know where to do it in Delhi NCR. In Europe car is available with proper sound proofing and hence quite successful. Hope Skoda Motors India, will learn from TATA (as in case of continuos improvement by doing small changes in Nano) and will do some by reducing Engine noise, and adding stop and drive facility for greater fuel economy. The same shall be be available as accessory for old customer of Skoda Fabia like me.

• kishore |02 Nov,2011 08:27:18 PM

hi all, i am very excited by the new fabia petrol high end version but my major concern is the ground clearance(158mm).actually the car is for my dad who has to travel to remote areas where there wont be proper much bothered abt that.otherwise everyting is perfect.can anybody shed light on that aspect plz.if that is a problem then i have to choose from polo,swift,figo,punto,micra,brio or jazz.plz guys help me in this asap.

• Niraj Gohel |04 Jul,2012 05:28:14 PM

hello friends.. I stay at Vadodara-Gujrat.. I want to buy a new car.. I have 3 options like Fabia Ambition 1.2 OR Hyundai I20 OR Etios Liva (all petrol version).. I heard that there much maintenance cost in Skoda Car.. pls. suggest me the best of 3.. thanks..

Rajesh |26 Nov,2012 09:05:33 PM

Niraj Before you buy a car, please find out maintenance cost of each car!!. And sales people will never let you know cost of spares and service, even if they know. I am owner of Skoda Fabia 1.2 MPI Ambiente. The car is excellent except for low milleage and cost of service and spares. One Headlamp costs Rs. 3000+. First Service (15000KM or 12 months) cost me total Rs 7437. It includes cost of oil and lubricants (Rs 3608); cost of filters and balancing weights (Rs 1103); consumables (Rs 400) and VAT. Power windows were not working properly. Service provider replaced both power window motors each costing Rs 16000!!. Fortunately, it was covered under warranty hence this time I could escape out of Rs 32000. But I do not know how long. Clutch plate assembly costs Rs 32000. Bosch pump Rs 60000+ Skoda does not follow repair philosophy. They only replace for slightest problems. People are saying that cost of spares of skoda have come down. Yes, it did to certain extent but it still is financial bomb. I wont mind paying VAT of 12.5% on spares costing reasonably, but spares ne poori 100% VAAT laga di hai!!!

• Hariharan |14 Nov,2013 03:26:21 PM

I brought in this machine into my family. Learnt to drive on it and today cherish the moments I spend with her. She is comfortable as for the driver and passenger. Its a good car for a family of 4. Short distances 5 people could be seated. Have travelled on it multiple times on long drives of upto 500Kms one way and managed to get 18kmpl if speed is within 80kmph on high way. City drives I presume she gives about 11-12 kmpl. engine is good, handling is good, you end up feeling safe, which is very important. Have had multiple instances of accidents but always she took the dents and ensured no damage to the body parts. Overall, if you want a long lasting car for money's worth giving a good driving experience, this is a good buy.

Skoda Fabia review scorecard