Shoddy key quality, two keys broken in normal usage in less than two years

By for Nissan Sunny 2014-10-13 13:37:57.0
  • Appearance

Pros : Spacious, mileage

Cons : shoddy build quality all around

In Nissan Sunny both keys broken in door lock in less than 2 years of normal usage. Car has done less than 30k. Service centre states that broken keys are not covered in warranty, and cannot even get the broken key out of door lock. Wish to charge 45k+ for changing lock set including steering lock. They are not even wishing to evaluate if the keys have been of substandard quality. In my several decades of driving cars, this incident is one of its kind. I think I need to file a consumer complaint. I do not intend picking up my car if this is not covered in warranty, willing to slug it out. The service centre people are just not willing to listen. I tried to request them several times to atleast take it to Nissan but they keep on repeating ad-neusam that as per policy they cannot do anything. Surely has put me off Nissan completely. Even global leaders go the Indian shoddy way as soon as they come to India. Shame.

• abhishek |10 Dec,2014 10:54:05 AM

i to have a similar problem. i lost my remote key(BTW they only provide 1 with the car) - and they dont know when a duplicate can be provided. so essentially if you buy a nissan sunny - remember, they have NO spare parts and no keys! i have been in touch with torrent nissan guys in mumbai.... but they cant help. there are JUST NO KEYS! these guys have been allowed to sell in india without any spare parts availability. really upsetting.