Download Mobile AppGet On Road PriceFeedbackAsk a Question
Rating of Maruti Dzire

New Dezire 2017

for VDI

Last week I purchased the new Dezire (VDI- Diesel; Manual), drove for about 800 KMs so far.
I must say that there are much advancement made by Maruti, the look and feel and the space management is awesome. It's always confusing when we plan to buy a car, we all like to check reviews and consult experts before buying. Thought to pen down few for confused customers like me. I am not a car expert , just sharing my thoughts like a regular user.
Diesel or petrol: if your daily run is beyond 50 KM then diesel otherwise petrol, do the cost analysis, this will help you in decision making.
Comparing with the old swift Dezire the new Dezire is wider; shorter; has longer wheel base; improved leg and boot space; better shoulder room which will make it the best in the segment. I guess Maruti has taken the feedback seriously and have improved on all the areas for better comfort and fuel efficiency however they have reduced the ground clearance by few mm still better than the competition.
The Car is best in the segment. It has rear Ac vents, two charging points which make life little easy. It has all four automatic windows; front (two) airbags; EBD; ABS; Ac/ Heater; remote locking and all the basic, necessary and must have features. The Automatic gear shift is great for bumper to bumper traffic, will cost more though. The engine is same for all the variants so the fuel efficiency will not have any difference. The new desire is promising 28 KM/PL, so far best a car could offer. I am got about 19 so far, I am sure it will increase after first service.
The boot is the biggest in the segment and as a Brand Maruti it's always the best choice for the people who value for money and planning for a long tenure. The leg room has improved a lot and five people can easily and comfortably accommodate in the car. The road grip is good and driving on sharps curves doesn't trouble you. The rear hand rest helps the senior citizens to sit more comfortably. It also has hooks to tie the kid's seat for better safety.
The inbuilt music system and four speakers (factory fitted) is decent enough can be connected through Aux and Blue tooth and has CD player as well can be controlled from steering.
The negatives or scope of improvements which I should share:
The rear seats doesn't fold, the glove compartment doesn?t have chiller and is small in size, could have been better with the reverse sensor fog lamps and defoggers are missing (Can be installed from outside though), must be in the top end version.
For new buyers I would suggest go blindly with new Desire, please check the variant you are planning to buy as most of the dealers keep the top-end version for test drive with lot of accessories installed to attract the customers however the variant we select would be different, so ask check and then decide.

n
nitin
On: Jun 15, 2017 | 17557 Views

Other Dzire Reviews

• Maruti Swift Dzire - My efficient sedan

I had purchased my Maruti Swift Dzire VDi last year in May. I have almost completed 10000k... Read More

K
    Konark
    On: May 06, 2016 | 70132 Views
  • Maruti Swift Dzire - Why do people buy it?

I am planning to buy a sedan for myself so I checked the Maruti Dzire recently. Almost eve... Read More

M
    MOHD SHARIQ
    On: Jun 08, 2016 | 127822 Views
  • Please Dont buy Maruti Dzire Zxi and Zdi Variants

After a clear comparison of various branded Cars in compact sedan category, I decided to b... Read More

j
    jose
    On: Sep 21, 2017 | 7234 Views
  • for VXI

Poor Quality - Won't recommend

I have been using New Dzire VXI for last 2 months, drove around 2500 KM so far. The car is... Read More

A
    Anupa
    On: Jan 15, 2018 | 1804 Views
  • Maruti's Hottest Selling Car!!

This car of maruti has bought the company a dominance in this segment. From the days when ... Read More

k