Mahindra Xylo; indeed happy legs!!

• Appearance

Pros : Driving comfort par excellence

Cons : none

I already owned a Maruti Wagon R and wanted to buy an SUV/MUV for myself as the second vehicle. For any one wanting to pick a car in this category, Toyota Innova becomes an ideal choice and so was mine. I went on a test drive for Toyota innova, Tata Safari and Mahindra Xylo. My initial notions about all the three suddenly took a flip after my experience of test drives. Innova undoubtedly is a great car with great features, however is over priced and did not match the budget I had in my mind. Indeed, some of the features in Xylo are not present in even the top end variant of Innova. After a drive of Innova and Xylo, I certainly had no attraction towards Safari or a Sumo. I finally purchased a Mahindra Xylo with ABS 6 months back and believe you me I have had a wonderful experience with the car. The looks of Xylo are grand and gives a complete feel of luxury and class. The dimensions of the car are huge and it certainly is a head turner on roads. The front grille is way similar to the famous Mahindra grille found in scorpio although with two chrome strips. The moment one sits inside the car and takes a hold on the stearing, it seems as if one is riding really high. The feel especially comes once stranded on signals with the cars surrounding Xylo. The inbuilt stereo has AUX + USB support with four speakers and a woofer, which serve the purpose well. The air conditioner is superb with instant cooling even when the car is parked in scorthicng heat for hours. On the whole I am extremely happy with my purchase and would suggest people looking to uy MUV/SUV's to have a test drive of Mahindra Xylo, it would speak for itself.

Comments Mahindra Xylo 2009-2011
  • N.SURESH KUMAR |20 Aug,2010 08:27:36 PM

I purchased a Mahindra Xylo D2 in April 2010 and I sincerely feel that it is a very good vehile. I am sixty years young and find driving the vehicle a pleasure. Immediately on purchasing the vehicle I drove it to Pondicherry from Cochin. The drive took about 12 hours including halts for refreshments and the distance is about 550 kms.Pot holes are not a problem. Neither me nor others in the vehicle had any problem and we never felt tired. Xylo is really an excellent vehicle and M

• Gangadhar |21 Aug,2010 07:34:47 PM

Undoubtedly Xylo is a superluxury. I drove my son's XYLO. Eventhough I like driving and I like Xylo, I seldom drive it (or for that matter any car including my own Maruti Wagon-R.) Because I am diabetic for last 20 years (now I am 58)and my physician has advised me to walk more and avoid driving for health reasons. He recommended me to visit for useful tips on keeping diabetes under control and avoiding heart disease. This is a great site without any ads and I recommend all my friends to visit it especially the page: While enjoying driving we should not ignore our health!

• sunny |15 May,2015 01:08:38 AM

Pls let me know more about this mahindra products as I m planning to buy either xylo or scorpio new... pls give me your genuine suggestions not fake..

neeraj rai |08 Sep,2015 11:52:44 PM

Mahindra has done good amount of job on their cars and can go for mahindra ..not a problem

bsnaveen mahanath motors |05 May,2016 11:29:00 AM

Xylo is very comfortable 8 seater with more spaces powerful engine m hawk of 120 bhp, 280 torque, ground clearance 186 mm and wheel base 2760m, where u get more spaces for passgeners, and for cargo spaces front ac, 2nd 3rd row ac

bsnaveen mahanath motors |05 May,2016 11:33:43 AM

sunny sir, once u plz take test drive and feel it, and think that why u should buy a Xylo in mahindar's muv segment

Mahindra Xylo 2009-2011 review scorecard