Mahindra Xylo E8 with ABS and Airbags

By for Mahindra Xylo 2016-11-23 19:19:18.0
  • Appearance

I bought my Mahindra Xylo after comparing against Toyota Innova, Tata Safari and Mahindra Scorpio.

Innova had the best engine. However, they were very expensive. Having used Camry and Sienna in the US, I felt cheated by Toyota's features and pricing.

Tata Safari was good on looks but handling was very tough. So, knocked it off. Finally, it came to the two horses from the Mahindra stable - Scorpio or Xylo.

When I test drove the Scorpio, it was as if the seats hugged me. It was fantastic. However, the comforted waned off in the second and third row seats. Xylo was an ok drive. I liked the road presence and the height because I am a 6 foot plus frame.

Finally, the comfort in the second row and third row was too good to ignore. The salesman pitched it this way - If you are buying it for yourself and just you in mind, go for the Scorpio. If you are buying with your family who will travel in the second and third rows in mind, go for the Xylo.

Mine is a large family with seven members. So, you know why the Xylo choice.

So far, I have had some issues with engine, AC and Suspensions. It has been more than 6 years now. However, am happy because I feel good when I ride my Xylo when compared to the other vehicles. It simply has the road presence and when driven fairly, gives a terrific mileage - Without AC on highways, I get 15KMPL and with AC, I easily get about 13-14KMPL. This is now, even after 6 years!

Moreover, I added pseudo leather seats, DVD Player and some other cool fittings and my Xylo is a moving caravan. The entire family has a great time while travelling in it.

In fact, I tried selling it many times. I got many buyers with decent prices. Somehow, in the last moment, I become weak-kneed and just couldn't afford to see my Xylo (fondly called Dayson) go.

In fact, the consensus at home is - if you sell Dayson, then you will have to another Xylo only!!

There are some cool puddle lamps, individual AC vents and reading lamps and other small innovations which were not available in 2010 with Innova and others. But the clear differentiator for me with respect to Innova is the resting of my thighs on the seat while I drive. In Innova, somehow, my long legs are never at ease. In Xylo..it is always relaxed and hence long drives are just terrific.

However, if your look out is for resale value, just forget Xylo, stick to Innova. Xylo is for those who are tall, have big families and those who enjoy space, leg room and comfort more than being worried about the resale of the car.

As for me, I am not sure, if my family will allow me to sell. Then, what worry about resale!!

These are my personal views and I am not sure about the latest Xylo models. However, what I got and what I experienced was worth it according to my family and me.

Have a great driving life!