Engine timer belt damaged- Hyundai i20

• Appearance

Pros : Style, comfort spacious interiors

Cons : Mileage, engine maintenance

Bought Hyundai i20 magna diesel for 7.4lac on road price on Jan 2013, drove around 28000km till now, no engine problems till now but on the way returning from long drive 100 km from home, slight engine sound noticed, after 40 kms AC lights went off, and finally car break down near 6km before home luckily. I noticed engine oil leakage on the road, parked car near road at 11pm, in morning 8am called mechanic towed car to the shed.

1)engine belt damaged completely damaged, went off, teared.

2)engine oil seal damaged.

3)engine oil leaked, min level left but luckily not completely drained.

4)engine coolant oil completely evoporated mechanic pointed that since it was rainy day engine has not fused, other wise if it was hot day engine would have been fused and replaced with new engine worth 1.4 lac due to oil leakage, and not covered under insurance, and I asked why belt damaged he replied the guy who serviced at 20k km did not checked the belt in Talwar Hyundai showroom at Hyd. And AC, lights went off due to belt had connection with dynamo. And I checked in general, belt should be replaced at 60000km and I did only 28000 km and finally ended up with 4000 rs bill at mechanic shop. No insurance coverage for movable parts, and insecure regarding future performance of car, and mechanic assured there will be no problem in future performance, and furthur pointed Honda and Toyota cars are best.

Comments Hyundai i20 Active
  • Amit |16 Apr,2015 03:53:49 PM

Best cross over vehicle in its segment But petrol engine shud hv been more power.Dashboard colors is blue in i20 actve White and silver colors model. Blue dashboard is not at all suitable and looks really cheap. Hyundai should look at colour combination.

vivek kumar |17 Apr,2015 11:50:49 PM

Yes i am totally agree! Its blue complexion of dashboard looks so ugly!

• Biju |16 Apr,2015 10:54:00 PM

I bought Hyundai i20 elite petrol Asta model two months back. After one week I found the front glass with a long crack without any scrambling. I went to Popular Hyundai service center at Kanjirappally & informed them about the crack of the glass. They initially agreed that it may due to some manufacturing defect. But they were not ready to replace it on their account & asked me to pay and later claim for the insurance. They were repeatedly saying that some thing may hit the glass. But I replied to them that if some thing hit on the glass, it will scrambled. I feel this Popular Hyundai's service is very bad.

Aakash |09 May,2015 09:53:00 PM

Sir what is average of your car in real world?? I'm planning to buy one

Vinod PJ |05 Dec,2015 09:20:36 AM

If you are looking for petrol then Nissan micra or polo is better..

Safwan |21 May,2015 03:48:35 AM

Does this model of yours has engine start/stop button or manual start?

Vinod PJ |05 Dec,2015 09:16:40 AM

I Agree with you popular is very bad in service..Toyota is better than all..

• vicky |17 Apr,2015 11:55:47 PM

I20 crossover luks so stunning and sporty but They must improve i20 crossover interior dashboard complexion! As i wanna buy in white colour but due to blue colour of interior segment we av to buy in red colour:(

• pradip |18 Apr,2015 11:50:41 AM

I went to buy hundai i20 active petrol version at tinsukia assam, i was about to finalise but than i found that sx model is missing in petrol version .i just dont understand why company did such foolish things.also blue colour dashboard looks very cheap

vicky |18 Apr,2015 10:30:50 PM

Agree with pradeep sir

Amit |19 Apr,2015 06:08:00 PM

Yes I agree. They should give SX model in petrol too and interior colours they should change or make it optional atleast. Hardly anyone like black and blue colors combination.

urhrrj |22 May,2015 01:01:08 PM

Utuit Hrhrtitittjtjt

Safwan |21 May,2015 03:50:10 AM

Want to know Is there start/stop option in petrol model

• Swaminathan |20 Apr,2015 03:51:05 PM

White color i20 active is stunning but with blue interior is really cheap. I dont know how come the design was approved. How could a blue color dashboard can be matched for a white color. Hyundai should stop the production of blue interiours of white color and put black or dark grey instead,.

vicky |20 Apr,2015 03:53:12 PM

I am waiting of theirdashboard correction before i go to buy! Need some suggestion from hyundai staff Thanks!

• Rajeev |24 Apr,2015 05:11:05 PM

Some are Saying That Their Is Engine timer belt damaged.Please Give Some suggestion For That

vicky |25 Apr,2015 11:42:56 AM

I think that is about elite not in active model

• rajat |26 Apr,2015 10:10:48 PM

totally waste of money this car why put 9 lakhs on a small car when you can have a luxury sedan like ciaz and honda city with some more thousands

Amit |27 Apr,2015 04:37:05 PM

Its all about choice.

vicky |28 Apr,2015 09:55:13 PM

No doubt about its sporty looks but it might be better if it has sun roof 😀😀👌🏾

• amit soni |30 Apr,2015 04:10:18 PM

Pls listen sir pls change hundai I20 active interior..... U can give same interior as I 20 elite.....pls do fast....I want purchase......

Ankit Kumar |06 Jun,2015 08:32:25 PM

I have plan i 20 active. Sx Pls give me advise

amit soni |13 Jun,2015 01:10:50 AM

Active was good but interior dashboard colour balck nd blue so cheap....

Ankit Kumar |06 Jul,2015 03:13:11 PM

I got this car Like much better of sedaan

• stavan |07 May,2015 04:20:59 PM

is it cross over? if yes then kindly take test ride of Fiat Avventura. it will open your eyes and mind. none day i20 active can match with avventura in terms of cross over. Do test for your thinking.

• vaisakh s |09 May,2015 11:15:34 PM

Hi viewers.... i am planing to by hyundai elite i20 asta diesel version next month.... how is the opinion regarding this vechile who has experinced the i20 asta.....

• Mutturaj |12 May,2015 10:07:51 PM

very gud car frm hyundai ,interior colour scheme for white n silver aqua blue worst combination .kindly change it then its a big success for koreans .

• DHARM |16 May,2015 10:14:51 PM

Kindly change the aqua blue interiors .looks ugly and very cheap .giving higher price n feeling inferior .very bad .keep in mind many people like white n silver .so change it .

Ashu |23 May,2015 08:23:27 PM

Hello Dharm

Ashu |23 May,2015 08:24:23 PM

agreed with you !@@!@!

Ashu |23 May,2015 08:23:56 PM

Hello Dharm Hows going ?

DHARM |30 May,2015 10:59:25 PM

Hi nw they have changed the colour option .u ll get tangerenia orange with black dash board option in white n silver colour .thank u Hyundai team .

Manish |17 Jun,2015 07:08:56 AM

Hello But still in Gurgaon, dealer is providing blue dash with white exterior. Have Hyundai changed all that

• deepak kumar sharma |26 May,2015 08:57:32 PM

any company to hyndai i20 active are very best car i20 acive

• deepak kumar sharma |26 May,2015 08:58:03 PM

excellent car

• baba puran |30 May,2015 03:58:34 PM

Vary good I lick i20 active Because l am a midal man

• amit soni |13 Jun,2015 01:13:35 AM

Where r hundai staff....pls rply...can u do change active interior.... Ang give same as I 20 elite...pls rply other wise I saw any cars....really chep interier....

• vishal |16 Jun,2015 02:26:37 PM

I was booked I20 active on 25th April after in Aurangabad ( Bhuan Hyundai) but after two mouths dealer not able to convey to me that when it will be deliver.

hehshajbshsshh |05 Aug,2015 04:48:44 PM

• kumar |18 Jun,2015 03:47:45 PM

I am using this since last two week. Its a nice experience to be the owner of I20 Active. On road it looks unique and catches attention of everyone.

• rakesh kumar |09 Sep,2015 09:34:04 PM

I am rakesh kumar from bangalore took I 20 active topend model 3 months back Car look wise is very good comfortable and spacious . boot space is also fine but in 2 nd gear there is no pick up in traffic and slope. Top end model of desiel makes more noise.

• jaison |11 Sep,2015 07:33:43 AM

Guys can any one say which os the best one petrol or deisel cars, and why so?

• rakesh kumar |11 Sep,2015 09:57:39 PM

Rakesh kumar from bangalore bought I 20 active top end model 3 months back overall is good but there is pickup problem in 2nd gear even 1st service is done problem not solved .in flat road pick up is good in 2nd gear but in traffic and slope is worst.

• misso |19 Oct,2015 07:00:22 PM

Want to but car most likely SUV price under 10lac, planning i20 active sx, very confuse please somebody help, any other alternative in same price under. Thanks

Suresh kumar Agarwal |05 Nov,2015 04:01:38 AM

Please suggest me I20 active SX petrol or Mahindra SUV 300 TOP Model

• sanower |14 Nov,2015 05:28:15 PM

I have plan to buy i20 Active next month, Could you please suggest me which one is OK petrol or Diesel, because normally we will drive 10000 km in a year....thanks

varma |05 Jun,2016 02:00:56 PM

Go for I 20

• ronak goyal |16 May,2016 06:59:55 PM

Anyone who wants to sell their i20 active near kolkata can contact me i am waiting plz plz

• i like to active but autogear |29 Sep,2016 05:34:49 AM