Ford EcoSport
    Rs   8.62 - 11.33 Lakh*

Amazing car, Value for money

By for Honda WRV 2017-04-04 21:36:22.0
  • Appearance

I was looking for sub 4m SUV with option of Ford Ecosport diesel, Honda WRV Diesel and Suzuki Brezza diesel. Ecosport has very good power, but interiors are too boring. Also the rear seat is like a bench with no much comfort. It has great features like 6 airbags, touchscreen infotainment etc but at the same price of WRV i get cool music system, cruise control, sun roof, auto close ORVM and much better boot space and good seating. Brezza too is a good car but not much of power with 1300cc engine. I took the delivery of Honda WRV VX MT Diesel the top version and have completed 1000+ kms in 5 days. Enjoyed every bit of the ride, good control, good pickup and well used the cruise control on highways. On mileage part i got around 19.8 to 20 KM per liter which is ok and i believe it will be better after first free service. On the maintenance cost, i was told with the same transparency of service cost like what we get for Ford. I am yet to leave my car for my first free service and will keep you posted. I did the off road in kerala and also around 100+ kms hill ride, the pick up, power and braking was awesome. Some of the very few minor draw backs:
1. It does not have an AUX port because the bluetooth functionality with iphone is not that great,but yes when using the USB cable it can be used as iPod.
2. The rear seat does not have any headrest, causing issues on long drives
3. The seating does not have 60:40 option which i felt was useful for long drives.
4. Does not have hill drive assist.

• Don't miss out on the festive offers this April
  • Thomas Mathew |05 Apr,2017 02:30:07 AM

I have paid the booking amount for Honda WRV Diesel VX. Dealer says delivery will take around 20 days. Had also checked out the Brezza & dropped it because of cramped rear seat as I have 3 boys nearing their teens. Have been driving a Honda City for past 10 yrs & very happy with Honda quality & service. But I'm a little worried because their recent products BRV, Mobilio, Amaze etc have flopped. Still confused between the 85 PS Duster & the WRV. Would love to hear about your ownership experience

Rajesh G |26 May,2017 03:06:29 AM

Thomas! I would suggest to go for WR-V over Duster. Since I heard that Duster has failed in crash test and there is no proper safety. Coming to WR-V has got 5 star for safety even though it has only 2 airbags at front and has very good body framing. The only concerns I'm having here are: 1) Engine noise from cabin for Diesel version 2) Rear AC 3) Projector Headlamps If you are ok for above things... WR-V is the best. Sunroof if the cherry on cake :) Hope this helps.

Thomas Mathew |26 May,2017 12:04:18 PM

Thanks for the advise. But now I have dropped the idea of WR-V as Honda is having production delays on the diesel top end that I had booked. Also after seeing some of the WRV diesel on the road I think it is overpriced for a souped up Jazz cross-over. It does not have the presence for this price. I cancelled by booking & have taken for a Diesel Hyundai Creta E+ which looked much more value for money at the price.

• Firos |22 Aug,2017 09:29:12 PM

Thomas, how's your creta e+ over wrv. Me too confused between the two.