Rating of Honda CR-V

Z
Zaid Ali
for 2.0L 2WD MT
On: Jul 08, 2016 | 935 Views

Beware! Do NOT purchase any CRV made in 2008 or later. My 2013 CR-V that is cared for per manufactures recommendations and driven moderately has been making a terrible grinding noise since about 1 year after purchase. Honda Service has diagnosed the noise as emanating from the VTC Actuator. Noise has become much worse over time and this noise occurs after every cold start. The noise is so loud that it turns heads in parking lots. What is really frustrating is that Honda is aware of this issue since 2008 and still has not corrected the problem and does not disclose the issue prior to purchase. Honda simply states, "Yes there is a loud grinding noise but don't worry it is not doing any damage to the engine." This is my fourth Honda (I typically purchase a new car once every 4 to 5 years). This experience has left me to resolve to never purchase another Honda. By the way three of my family members own CRV (2011, 2015 and 2016 -- two of the three make the same LOUD grinding noise when starting the engine. Toyota or Subaru here we come.

Other CR-V Reviews