My experience with Honda City IV tec 2016

for Honda City 2017-2020 i-VTEC V

My experience with Honda City IV tec 2016

I have owned this car now for 10 months & driven almost 11000 kms. I must say over all, I am a satisfied customer.
This car is a beauty when it comes to handling & feels very steady even at high speeds. ABS & EBFD (electronic brake force distribution) features ensure that you are in total control when you apply the brakes. I must say, it has saved my life atleast once when we were driving to Amritsar. Close shave!
Highway milage : The best I clocked was 18.1 Kmpl after having driven for 263 kms from Gurgaon to Chandigarh with A/C on. Generally, It ranges between 15 to 17 Kmpl depending on the load & traffic conditions. City milage ranges anywhere between 9 to 13 kmpl depending on conditions. Interiors might not be top notch, but they aren't bad either. Very spacious, practical and fit for purpose. What I like the most is the ergonomics & the amount of cushioning on the seats. It is just perfect. I have driven 744 kms in 14 hrs on a single day with 3 breaks from Jaisalmer to Gurgaon. I was a little tired no doubt but no body ache or anything of that sort! I was just fine. Neither my wife nor kids had any complaints. The ground clearance is also just right, It doesn't scrape the speed breakers as often as the previous gen city. Atleast, you do not have to drive it across over every hump. That's one distraction/worry less! I have scraped the floor only twice so far.. Its a good looking car anyways ! ( my opinion) So, is there some thing I do not like about this car...? Yes It is the build quality.... which I consider very poor and something that Honda should be embarrassed of. Paint job is absolute S**t ( poor cohesion, easily scratch prone). On colors like G..brown or Maroon the orange peel effect is very noticeable. The sheet metal what they have used feels like the one they use for coke cans! No matter what vehicle/object you scrape/touch or get touched rest assured of paint chip off & dents. It looks like Honda's scheme to fleece customers & insurance co's and make more profit from their body shop than by selling the car. Dealers/Service centres love it, don't they?
So, go for the best insurance cover, zero dep even if it is expensive. You will surely thank me for this suggestion whether or not you know me!
Need wider tyres. Its only 175 mm for a car as powerful as this !! Again a shame! 195 a must.. I have not yet checked if it affects the warranty if we upsize.. Honda is supposedly,very strict ! A.S.S...( After Sales Service) is good.Experience depends a lot on your service adviser too. Build a good rapport with him. He will guide you well. Over all its a good car. A joy to drive & travel as long as you drive safely.
I rate it 4/5 !

• LATEST
  • VERIFIED
  • CRITICAL
  • Best Car In Segment

Best car in a segment I love it, Mileage on highway 31kmpl and low-cost maintenance with rich comfort.

By shailesh
    On: May 23, 2021 | 87 Views
  • I Love My Honda City

I am using honda since 2013. I'm always in favor of Honda about if performance, mileage even at high speed also.

By govind kaushik
    On: Jul 22, 2021 | 11 Views
  • I Love This Car

I like this car & Safety is best in Honda city & Family is fully enjoying and a comfortable car.

By amardip rajput
    On: Jun 16, 2021 | 45 Views
  • Best Car Ever

It was my dream car from my childhood when 5th generation came. I bought my 4th generation Honda City from Capital Honda, Meenambakkam Chennai. I am so happy with th...Read More

By onesi karthick
    On: Feb 20, 2021 | 696 Views
  • Driving Experience

Excellent driving experience during crowd and highways with low running cost with the best performance. Cool experience in hilly areas also.

By arvind bibiyan
    On: Feb 07, 2021 | 60 Views
  • Excellent Car In This Segment

It has a good performance. Mileage up to 20km/l. Very comfortable for long drives. The best car in this segment.

By govind
    On: Jan 28, 2021 | 60 Views
  • Behtarin Car

Behtarin car hai. Honda city se acchi car bahut kam hai. Main bolta hu aap bhi kharid sakte hain mileage thoda kam hai.

By ajay kumar prakash
    On: Dec 31, 2020 | 54 Views
  • Extremely Wonderful Car.

Bought the 2021 Highlander limited with an optional 12.3-inch screen and 2nd-row bench seat. I wasn't lying, I absolutely love this car though it's not perfect. I'm getti...Read More

By flex babich