My experience with Honda City IV tec 2016

for Honda City 2017-2020 i-VTEC V

My experience with Honda City IV tec 2016

I have owned this car now for 10 months & driven almost 11000 kms. I must say over all, I am a satisfied customer.
This car is a beauty when it comes to handling & feels very steady even at high speeds. ABS & EBFD (electronic brake force distribution) features ensure that you are in total control when you apply the brakes. I must say, it has saved my life atleast once when we were driving to Amritsar. Close shave!
Highway milage : The best I clocked was 18.1 Kmpl after having driven for 263 kms from Gurgaon to Chandigarh with A/C on. Generally, It ranges between 15 to 17 Kmpl depending on the load & traffic conditions. City milage ranges anywhere between 9 to 13 kmpl depending on conditions. Interiors might not be top notch, but they aren't bad either. Very spacious, practical and fit for purpose. What I like the most is the ergonomics & the amount of cushioning on the seats. It is just perfect. I have driven 744 kms in 14 hrs on a single day with 3 breaks from Jaisalmer to Gurgaon. I was a little tired no doubt but no body ache or anything of that sort! I was just fine. Neither my wife nor kids had any complaints. The ground clearance is also just right, It doesn't scrape the speed breakers as often as the previous gen city. Atleast, you do not have to drive it across over every hump. That's one distraction/worry less! I have scraped the floor only twice so far.. Its a good looking car anyways ! ( my opinion) So, is there some thing I do not like about this car...? Yes It is the build quality.... which I consider very poor and something that Honda should be embarrassed of. Paint job is absolute S**t ( poor cohesion, easily scratch prone). On colors like G..brown or Maroon the orange peel effect is very noticeable. The sheet metal what they have used feels like the one they use for coke cans! No matter what vehicle/object you scrape/touch or get touched rest assured of paint chip off & dents. It looks like Honda's scheme to fleece customers & insurance co's and make more profit from their body shop than by selling the car. Dealers/Service centres love it, don't they?
So, go for the best insurance cover, zero dep even if it is expensive. You will surely thank me for this suggestion whether or not you know me!
Need wider tyres. Its only 175 mm for a car as powerful as this !! Again a shame! 195 a must.. I have not yet checked if it affects the warranty if we upsize.. Honda is supposedly,very strict ! A.S.S...( After Sales Service) is good.Experience depends a lot on your service adviser too. Build a good rapport with him. He will guide you well. Over all its a good car. A joy to drive & travel as long as you drive safely.
I rate it 4/5 !

• LATEST
  • VERIFIED
  • CRITICAL
  • I Like Honda City

Good experience with good filling and good mileage no maintenance with good service and good offer.

By vishnu
    On: Aug 13, 2020 | 41 Views
  • Good Car...

Comfortable family sedan. Nice city ride. Good audio quality. Best Ac. A lot of space inside the cabin.

By kumar
    On: Nov 28, 2020 | 28 Views
  • Best Car

The car was good but the only problem is the ground clearance of the car and the horn is not that audible.

By gajendran
    On: Jul 14, 2020 | 52 Views
  • Audio System And Service Of Honda City Not Ok.

AVN audio system of Honda city2018 model totally froze within 2 years after purchase. I registered the complaint on dated 12/09/2020 and even after more than three months...Read More

By harish
    On: Nov 26, 2020 | 48 Views
  • Ground clearance is not good.

I like honda city. Nice looking car is better than Verna. The only issue with ground clearance. All over the best car.

By hadmat singh
    On: Nov 21, 2020 | 37 Views
  • Best Car In Term Of Looks And Mileage.

My car mileage is really good compared to other cars in my friends' circle and boot space is bigger than Creta and Kia Seltos. I love my car

By kuldeep
    On: Oct 24, 2020 | 34 Views
  • Good Car But Tire And Rear Shock Absorbers Issue.

Good car overall but a little bit bouncy at back And issue with the tire which was provided by the company.

By shreyansh tibdewal
    On: Oct 17, 2020 | 19 Views
  • Best Sedan In This Budget.

Honda city is an awesome car. It brings in the right balance between comfort & performance. But the quality is very good and the vehicle is very reliable. The cost of own...Read More

By arun krishnan