Honda BR-V - It is all about space

By for Honda BRV 2016-05-18 17:15:54.0
  • Appearance

Pros : Space, Comfort, Ride Quality

Cons : Features, Engine Noise, MPV-ish look

I am planning to buy a SUV for my family and therefore I went to Honda dealership yesterday to test-drive the BR-V. The car has enormous length was able to impress me in first look though it had to compromise on SUV character because of it. I would have liked it more if Honda had increased the height of the car and kept this length constant. Nevertheless, I got on to the driving seat to check the ride quality. I drove the petrol variant with automatic transmission so engine noise was not very loud. But at high speeds this was not the case and it was quite audible. The acceleration was linear which was a plus and even braking was quite good. I took a sharp turn numerous times but the car did not disappoint me.

Talking about features, I am completely dis-satisfied. There is no infotainment system even in the top variant of the car! I have checked Hyundai Creta also and I would say it is much better. For a car of this segment, infotainment touch screen is like a mandatory thing but Honda has not installed it. Another minus is absence of parking sensors in such a long car. You are most likely to hit an obstacle while taking reverse as it is difficult to work on estimates in such a long car. Interior quality is good and the third row of seating gave me relief as sometimes we are more than five people to go out. Legroom is large in the second row and seats are comfortable. Not sure about the shoulder room though. Honda is saying maintenance will not be very costly but I am not sure. I will check Renault Duster and Maruti S Cross also and then will take a decision. I advise you to do the same.

• ramniwas |18 May,2016 11:07:32 PM

If any one goes to buy, i think wait for june, honda sure give some special discount or minimum replace the audio system with touch screen

pariharbharat |19 May,2016 09:48:58 PM

pariharbharat |20 May,2016 11:37:22 PM

I purchased navigation system with parking sensor with camera for BRV in 48000 to make it complete package of SUV

pariharbharat |20 May,2016 11:37:52 PM

smarjit |30 May,2016 05:39:31 PM

In bangalore, the dealer asked only extra ¹39000 for the 7-inch touch screen panel with all features

pankaj |23 May,2016 03:03:04 PM

I went to honda showroom to but the brv diesel car but when i saw the inside interior no touch screen and rear parking camera. Imigeatly i drop the car so still waiting for this car when they launch completly like indonesia brv.

• ramniwas |18 May,2016 11:32:54 PM

IF HONDA REPLACE AUDIO SYSTEM , IT WILL BE 1ST CHOICE, I ALSO THEN INTEREST TO BUY IT, NOW.

pariharbharat |19 May,2016 09:49:10 PM

• Ashutosh |19 May,2016 05:20:05 PM

brv is good in every respect except infotainment system and reverse parking system. company must provide this.

pariharbharat |19 May,2016 09:49:24 PM

pariharbharat |20 May,2016 11:38:12 PM

• surender |19 May,2016 05:36:54 PM

Will wait for some time

pariharbharat |19 May,2016 09:49:35 PM

• Bharat |19 May,2016 09:48:33 PM

• pariharbharat |19 May,2016 09:52:11 PM

• Dr Vishal |20 May,2016 10:13:20 PM

If honda changes infotainment system with touch screen and nevigation system and parking camera then surely i will go for this.

pariharbharat |20 May,2016 11:38:30 PM

ramniwas |21 May,2016 01:02:44 PM

Sir extra navigator cannot attached with audio system, it cannot display audio indormation, such as folder list, songs list, Think about it, if you want to enjoy fully you want to change replace audio system. If you do this you warranty void. Now reply.

ramniwas |21 May,2016 01:06:28 PM

Its batter to honda provide this , for some extra price which sync with audio system. Inbuilt 2din audio Dada ji ke time ki baat ho gai hai.

• subramanya |22 May,2016 09:22:21 AM

I think you can get reverse parking sensors and camera on honda accessories

rajiv kumar |22 May,2016 02:35:49 PM

I have planned to purchase BR-V but i need touch screen audio video nevagate back system while reverse under same cost. Visited in showroom yesterday but i thing i have to drop and go for another option. On read for top model mean on raod with all accessoiiers . Its cheating . I will not purchase

• Devendra Chaturvedi |22 May,2016 04:40:51 PM

It is better than Duster.Brezza.Eco.Creta if Honda add the touch screen.Revers camera and Navigation than I will also plan to purchase it othrwise I will purchase Duster Rxz 110 PS -Devendra Chaturvedi 9827635059

• ronak goyal |24 May,2016 03:22:42 PM

Dont go for brv I would suggest every buyer to go for creta its a very good car as i m using it for 7 months and not got any problem... And the maintenance cost is also very low and a very good mileage according to its segment

dhanesh |27 May,2016 05:07:17 PM

7seter nahi hai

• dhanesh |27 May,2016 05:02:53 PM

Brv ka maintenance kitna aayegapetrol or disal me

• prakash borde |06 Jun,2016 01:51:56 PM

The nice car

• ramniwas |06 Jun,2016 03:00:16 PM

Honda was making pepole fool, they said brv is safe car and have 5 star rating in ncap rating, but they saleing the car in assam and other state without propet state transport ministery clearance, thats why if any accident happen you did not get any thing

ramniwas |06 Jun,2016 03:04:11 PM

Because insurance coverage did not start till tax of car deposit in rto office, and due to non clearance rto office not collecting tax against Brv. So plz wait for car delivery till rto clearance .

• abhi |08 Jun,2016 07:35:54 PM

I booked BRV last wek...i made the decision after test driven the car.The car is decent in perfomance and it is having more interior space than ertiga which i had driven first.The problem is the lack of touch screen infotainment andrevers cam the reverse cam sensors are available for a price of 10500 ..but the problem of infotainment system still stands.

mahesh |20 Jun,2016 01:42:15 PM

Honda should have bought HRV instead of this BRV.....

• Dr Rahul Mandhare |12 Jun,2016 12:53:17 PM

Instead of all leathers provided by Honda in top model, they should think to provide touchscreen navigation system & rear parking camera to make it a perfect family car.

• SD singh |13 Jun,2016 03:44:02 PM

in honda br-v company has provide this or not navigation system and parking sensor rear

• raghav patel |13 Jul,2016 05:14:47 PM

THERE IS NO TOUCH SCREEN THE BIG MISTAKE. SUCH BIG COMPANIE SHOULD THINK OVER IT

• Sreejith |17 Jul,2016 01:46:45 PM

Auto gear avilable ?

• shailendra |24 Jul,2016 10:24:30 AM

I hv bought a Honda BRV even after its same demerits regarding infontainment system n parking sensor. But extremely dissatisfied with after sales customer care from the company. U hv to keep on calling them about some mistakes n they r not able to solve.

• shailendra |24 Jul,2016 10:31:00 AM

The car comes with A DEFECT A GAP at the FRONT WINDSHIELD COL TOP CORNER. WHEN U COMPLAIN THE DEALER SAY ITS A COMPANY MANUFACTURING DEFECT, CALL THE COMPANY. EXTREMELY DISSATISFIED WITH MY DECISION OF BUYING THE CAR ALONGWITH A BAD CUSTOMER CARE.

• Nishant |20 Sep,2016 07:37:20 AM

Are you sure that rear parking camera is available as genuine Honda accessory?