Best In Class With Of Course Few Darwbacks

By for Honda BRV 2016-11-14 16:07:21.0
  • Appearance

I recently purchased the Honda BRV - S MT diesel variant. I was very confused considering sea of SUVs available.

My first look at the car made me take the decision (which of course just got further steeled with a pleasant test drive).

Pros

1) Looks- It looks much better from the front and back angle. It is a little stretched if viewed from the side angle, though, plus also a similarity between HONDA BRV & Mobilio does some damage to its image but again, we need to remember, it is just a comparison for eyesight.

2) Interiors- It is quite spacious as compared to any other 7 seaters in the range of 12-15 lakh.

3) Mileage- Even though the company claims mileage of 21-22 Kmpl, I have always clocked around 17-19 Kmpl, on the highway, it touches 20. But again my car is a family car and we have AC switched on .

4) Quality- The quality of the manufacture is a plus in all aspects.

5) Engine sound- So far I have not heard much noise in my diesel variant as well (I know quite a few people who have complaints with noise from rear passengers in diesel variant though)

6) Seats- Definitely a plus considering the 50:50 last row split, 60:40 2nd row split, 2nd & 3rd-row seat reclining plus complete foldable makes it a great companion for families on outings or shopping spree.

Cons

1) Inbuilt features: NO rear parking camera, no GPS.

But again, the company claims they need to sell accessories as well, if I need on touch screen info screen with reverse parking camera & sensors plus GPS, I can always pay 45k extra and get that fit through Honda itself.

So again, the company saves cost, if you desire it, install it with warranty.

Again if I consider proper 7 seater family & good looking vehicle, my search clearly ended on Honda BRV. There is no other car that fits in my mind.

Plus to add to it HONDA engine, it is surely a winner.

• Don't miss out on the festive offers this November
  • Ardeshir Desai |12 Jul,2017 04:09:14 PM

I agree, I am not a Maruti fan so never even thought of testing Ertiga. But I did Test drive Creta and found it not too comfortable. I finalized on BR-v immediately after test driving it and the looks and the rear seats DID impress the family members.