Honda Amaze - Too Noisy!

By for Honda Amaze 2016-05-11 18:15:09.0
  • Appearance

Pros : Comfort, Features, Control

Cons : Looks, Noise, Power

Yesterday, I went to a Honda dealership as I am planning to buy a comfortable sedan for myself. There I test-drove the Amaze. The car's looks were not able to impress me especially the rear. The refreshed interiors though were so bad and made an impact. The feature list is also decently long so you can be happy there as well. I liked the built quality - more when I have been into Maruti's products. I sat on the rear bench and it was comfortable. Sometimes I have to seat three people there and Amaze is likely to handle it easily. There is ample boot space so you can keep a lot of luggage in case you have any.

As far as the driveability is concerned, the car is okay-okay. I drove the diesel variant and would say there can be a lot more improvements. The engine noise is high and I did not like the non-linear acceleration of the car. As soon as I touched 80-85 kmph, the common problem with CVT started to occur. Will be a much better decision to go for manual variant if you hit highways regularly and don't like other cars overtaking you much. Control was, though, decent and you do not feel out-of-control even on sharp turns.

In case you are biased towards Honda, then go for petrol variant. Honda is new to diesel world and I won't recommend you to take the chance. Apart from the drive quality, it will be economical to maintain as well. The family won't have a reason to complain as back seats are moderately comfortable. You should surely check the Figo Aspire as it has been rated highly by most of the experts. Would not be a bad decision to wait for the Volkswagen Ameo also.

• test |13 Jun,2016 01:20:37 PM

Good car have ever seen

• Deepak |22 Nov,2016 11:57:59 PM

This is most amazing car as his name. I brought three yrs back petrol smt model, its give an average of 18.4 km/ lit till present time(70,000Km). No