Honda Amaze - The family vehicle

By for Honda Amaze 2016-05-23 12:42:34.0
  • Appearance

Pros : Looks, Space, Interiors

Cons : Engine Noise, Braking, Maintenance

I am planning to buy a sedan for myself and therefore I went to a Honda dealership to test drive the new Honda Amaze.

Overall experience with the car was fine. The car recently has got a facelift and this is one good thing. The looks are improved now and even the interiors are changed. One of my friends owns the previous version of the Amaze so I can say Honda has introduced decent changes in the new version.

Then I came to the most important part and that is the ride quality. I drove the diesel version so there was more engine noise which I did not like. Also, I feel Honda has always specialised in petrol engines and diesel territory is uncharted for it. So it might be my prejudice speaking about the car.

Nevertheless, acceleration was linear and there was decent power in the engine. Control was also good and I took some sharp turns but to no disappointment. Braking was not that linear though.

Interiors, as I told, are new and refreshed and I am really impressed by them. You can play good music and speaker quality is fine.

Then I took to the rear seat as I frequently travel with my family so comfort there also matters. I can say there is a lot of space and you can easily seat three people there. Cup holders at the back give you a rich feel. Power windows are another plus.

I can say my family won't be disappointed by this car. Maintenance will not be that low.

I am looking for other options as well but Amaze is a good contender. I recently checked the Ameo, and will wait for its launch before deciding which car to buy.