Amaze not so amazing on highway
Amaze not so amazing on highway
Amaze not so amazing on highway Recently I drove the Honda Amaze Diesel from Bengaluru to Gokak. Whatever the review i am giving here is in comparison to Honda Jazz itself as they share the same engine. I got this car from Myles and approx. 35km was driven. Let's start with the appearance. Exterior styling is not at all head turning neither you can live with it. However recent facelift of the Amaze can be accepted. The nose looks blunt and overall look from the front is a big disappointment. Being compact car, for its size, it looks much proportional in ratios. It doesn't seem to be compressed from any angle like Maruti Dzire or Ameo or any other compact segment car. Boot is fit into perfectly and the appearance from the back is seemingly ok. Honda Amaze is clear winner with 510 litres of boot space in its segment. Let's go in and see what it has got in for us. Biggest disappointment is the Honda Amaze's dashboard (Honda got it right with its recent facelift). I hated each and every design on the dashboard. Honda had completely lost its mind when it gave approval for dashboard design for Amaze. Unconventional looks and cheap plastics will never excite you. Driver seat was much comfortable. At long journeys, you never complain anything for seat cushioning or view you get from there. Of course, once you jump to back seat, initially you will feel that it is very comfortable, but once you are on long journeys, you will find that head rest is somewhat awkward. You don't feel comfortable in back seat. There is ample amount of leg space and head space and three can adjust in back seat. You get plenty of space to keep bottles, mobile and food items. I started driving in the evening in Bengaluru and traffic is always a worry here. But i got the best car to handle this. Amaze was really amazing when it came to beat the traffic. Steering is light and gearbox is not rubbery, no need to change gear again and again. Amaze is perfect car in city driving condition specially for the Bengaluru traffic condition. Honda has got very good diesel engine. Once you move out of the city and hit the highways, you will loose all that fun in driving in comparison with jazz. You miss the fun factor which you get on Jazz. Engine becomes bit noisy and there is bit of lag once you reach 1500rpm will remain till 2000rpm. But you can live with this. What Honda carries with all its car is its amazing fuel efficiency. I got 23+kmpl with amaze and truly practical. It stands out when it comes to fuel efficiency in its segment. Safety: It has got dual airbags and ABS and is quite safe to drive amaze. Verdict: If you can live with its design and dashboard then Amaze is good car for city driving. It brings in more practicality. Fuel efficiency and boot space is one of it plus points.
- 4 Likes
- 0 Dislikes
Write your Comment on Honda Amaze
Honda Amaze User Reviews
- All (1235)
- Mileage (287)
- Performance (139)
- Looks (285)
- Comfort (312)
- Engine (217)
- Interior (171)
- Power (147)
- More ...
I bought the Honda Amaze Car about 7 months ago with the BS6 engine. It is the best Sedan car in mid-range the built quality is too good and the cabin consists of Touchsc...
Perfectly designed compact sedan.Took VX CVT petrol, as was looking for good petrol mileage. Petrol mileage is 15 to 17.5 still didn't take it for a highway ride. CVT pet...
- View All Amaze Reviews
Compare Variants of Honda Amaze
- Amaze S PetrolCurrently ViewingRs.6,88,000*EMI: Rs. 14,77818.6 kmplManual
- Amaze E PetrolCurrently ViewingRs.6,17,000*EMI: Rs. 13,30818.6 kmplManual
- Amaze Special EditionCurrently ViewingRs.7,00,000*EMI: Rs. 14,95918.6 kmplManual
- Amaze V PetrolCurrently ViewingRs.7,48,000*EMI: Rs. 16,03718.6 kmplManual
- Amaze S CVT PetrolCurrently ViewingRs.7,78,000*EMI: Rs. 16,64418.3 kmplAutomatic
- Amaze Special Edition CVTCurrently ViewingRs.7,90,000*EMI: Rs. 16,85518.3 kmplAutomatic
- Amaze VX PetrolCurrently ViewingRs.7,96,000*EMI: Rs. 17,03918.6 kmplManual
- Amaze V CVT PetrolCurrently ViewingRs.8,38,000*EMI: Rs. 17,90318.3 kmplAutomatic
- Amaze VX CVT PetrolCurrently ViewingRs.8,79,000*EMI: Rs. 18,74318.3 kmplAutomatic
- Amaze E DieselCurrently ViewingRs.7,63,000*EMI: Rs. 16,60224.7 kmplManual
- Amaze S DieselCurrently ViewingRs.8,18,000*EMI: Rs. 17,76524.7 kmplManual
- Amaze Special Edition DieselCurrently ViewingRs.8,30,000*EMI: Rs. 18,01524.7 kmplManual
- Amaze V DieselCurrently ViewingRs.8,78,000*EMI: Rs. 19,02424.7 kmplManual
- Amaze S CVT DieselCurrently ViewingRs.8,98,000*EMI: Rs. 19,45121.0 kmplAutomatic
- Amaze Special Edition CVT DieselCurrently ViewingRs.9,10,000*EMI: Rs. 19,73121.0 kmplAutomatic
- Amaze VX DieselCurrently ViewingRs.9,26,000*EMI: Rs. 20,04424.7 kmplManual
- Amaze V CVT DieselCurrently ViewingRs.9,58,000*EMI: Rs. 20,71021.0 kmplAutomatic
- Amaze VX CVT DieselCurrently ViewingRs.9,99,000*EMI: Rs. 21,58721.0 kmplAutomatic
Popular Car Insurance Companies
Trending Honda Cars
On Honda Amaze :- Cash Discount up to Rs. ...