Rating of Ford EcoSport

B
Balaji
for 1.5 TDCi Titanium
On: Jan 15, 2017 | 3180 Views

So, 3 years back I asked my Dad to buy me a car as I used to travel a lot in my alto and I realised that it would be cost effective if I had a Diesel car.After discussing this with my Dad we both agreed on a budget of 4 lacs rupees and decided to buy a second hand sedan. I found a second hand Hyundai Verna in my budget and I was going to take a test drive on that day, but as they say mothers have the last say in the house so did my mother as she suggested lets put in 3 lacs more and go for a brand new Honda Amaze. Surprisingly my dad agreed without thinking twice about it.I took a test drive of the Amaze it had impressive mileage, safety features, accessories but i found the engine noise inside the cabin a bit too loud for my liking. Opposite to the Honda showroom was a Ford dealer, since I was in a mood for checking out cars I thought let me get drive of EcoSport as this Mini SUV concept in India was catching a buzz since the launch of Renault Duster. After the drive I wasn't happy with the engine performance in terms of the pickup which i later found out it as because the test drive car was driven rashly by so many users but i was very impressed with the mileage, interiors and the price for that kind of a vehicle. After a week Honda launched the new City diesel variant and I was trying to convince my dad if he can increase his budget. He was ready to spend even a penny more than the last decided 7 lacs as it is it was way over the 4 lacs he had granted earlier. Then out of nowhere he one day decided lets buy Ford Ecosport as we already have a sedan in our house lets go for a different concept of car. I was not ready to go for an Ecosport as I didn't like the way it drove. But on giving it a second thought I told myself if my dad is so interested i can adjust a bit on the performance. Hence, our new EcoSport Titanium diesel was delivered to us on the 19th August 2014. I must say when i drove the new engine it was a completely different experience, the pickup felt so much better from what I had experienced before. I have been using this car for 2 and half years parking this car is so easy it design helps it to do so. The interiors, the light but responsive steering makes it so much fin to drive.The cabin is also well insulated the engine noise in minimal.I have personally recorded a best of 25km without Ac on highway. In a city like Delhi it gives me an average of about 10.12 with Ac.A couple of issues I would say is firstly the ORVM are manual and secondly the "A" pillars sometimes blind the vision of the driver.I would think it is the best decision to buy this amazing car. Thank you Ford.

Other EcoSport Reviews