Rating of Ford EcoSport

Ford EcoSport: Low on space, high on fuel

M
Mahoj Sharma
On: Jun 01, 2016 | 29486 Views

Being an owner of a Ford Ecosport petrol for the past 2 years, I have finally come to a conclusion that I have made a mistake buying this car. Initially, I really enjoyed its performance and looks but slowly, as the time passed, the car started to eat into my pocket. The car still drives great and looks good but the fuel economy and servicing cost have rendered me helpless.

I am a bachelor and usually go out with my friends on drives. But, seating five in the car always becomes an issue. Space at the rear seats is not adequate at all. The legroom for tall persons is less and even the headroom becomes an issue on bumpy terrains.

The car is well built. The quality of the cabin is also good. But, all this comes with a cost. Any damage to the vehicle is very expensive to fix. I spilled a drink on the center console and had to get the entire thing replaced due to a wiring fault. It was really expensive.

Two years down the line, the fuel economy of the car has also reduced. This has been really heavy on my pocket and I often have to think about taking the car on long drives. I really want to sell this car and buy a Maruti Vitara Brezza. Not because it drives better, but because I feel that it will be more economical to use.

The EcoSport is also a good car, but you need to be prepared to spend a lot of money on it. My recommendation, buy a more economical car like the Brezza which will keep you happy in the long run.

Other EcoSport Reviews