Luxury is an understatement.
At the advent of the expansion of mid size sedans in India, where all the car makers were busy in just stretching their hatchbacks to a mid size sedans, it was Fiat which moved beyond the expectations to pull up with almost everything to give the automobile industry a face lift with its luxury sedan the Linea. However, the car struggled to achieve what it was meant for, after driving the car I could find why it could not do well in the Indian market, with so many of features, luxuries, build quality, handling, looks etc. the car could not cope well with its underpowered engine. The heaviness of the car could be felt while driving it. The car feels a bit sluggish while overtaking and driving up the hill. Fiat identified the issue very soon and came up with the turbo powered T-Jet engine, recently uplifted the design to give a sporty feel and launched an even more powerful engine, with its 126 ps turbo powered petrol engine, it tops the chart with the most powerful engine in the segment.
What I like the most about the car (Linea Emotion petrol):
1. The awesome handling and the road grip with a very safe feeling behind the steering is what makes this car a table turner. I have driven many cars even a segment above but that ?safe feeling ? is the one which only linea could give.
2. The length of the car, it is evident that no other car in the segment is as long as Linea, with a wheel base of more than 2600mm it gives ample room inside to spread and spoil in the roomy interiors.
3. Numerous luxury features which always goes uncounted while buying the car but they soon become visible when you actually rub it for months, the first sedan in its class to give dual parabolic head lamps and rear fog lamps, they are very useful especially in winters and of course on highways. The rear armrest with storage and cup holders, inbuilt rear sun curtain, the foot and knee level rear AC, rear roof light, front sun visor with nigh lights, follow me home head lamps, front height adjustable armrest with storage compartment, and all four windows with auto down feature just adds to its remarkable head turning design.
4. The only car having anti-intrusion boot hinges, which does not fight with your luggage and makes the big 500 Ltrs boot bigger. The electric boot release button on the front panel and on the foldable remote key just adds to it glory.
5. This car comes with an anti rust under body coating, which in market it usually costs around INR 5000 and does not even mix with the car homogenously.
6. The car comes with an excellent speed shedding brakes. The ABS and EBD works very well at high speeds and around the corner.
What I dislike the most about the car:
1. The fuel efficiency of car, it is not more than 7-8 KMPL in the city but can neglected, considering the weight and thick metal sheets around making you feel safe, you can ignore it.
2. The pickup, it really embarrasses at times although, Fiat has come up with new turbo power engines. The older one still cries with low horses on its end.
3. Services, although the service interval is 15000 KMs but the service centres are sparsely located and the dealers are shutting down.
Final Verdict: Just take a test drive of the new Linea 125s, and you will not resist buying it.
- 11 Likes
- 1 Dislikes
Other Linea Reviews
I have driven many cars and sedans since many years. But till date the best one I have driven so far is Fiat Lin...Read More
- 12 Likes
- 0 Dislikes