Liked the car but disappointed with the engine pickup. they need to put up more powerful engine

By for Fiat Linea from BANGALORE 2009-01-22 08:25:26.0
  • Appearance

Pros : good but poor engine performance(diesel)

Cons : very good

I LIKED THIS CAR FROM EXTERIORS AND INTERIORS.BUT WHEN TEST DRIVEN THE VEHICLE I FELT LET DOWN BY THE DIESEL ENGINE. I HAVE BEEN USING SWIFT DIESEL AND I WANTED TO BUY A AUTOMATIC VERSION IN LINEA.BUT I WAS DISAPPOINTED WHEN I FOUND THERE IS NO AUTOMATIC CONVERSION. I THINK DIESEL ENGINE IS A LET DOWN FOR FIAT WHEN COMPARED TO VERNA. SO THEY ARE STILL TOOK THE MARKET CONDITION WRONG AND SO THEY MAY END UP IN SOUP AGAIN.

• amit |22 Jan,2009 10:58:27 PM

I think Fiat has never been able to build cars that go well with mass consumers of India.

• BASKAR M |20 Feb,2009 02:27:29 AM

It's having 1.3 multijet with high torque and fitted with turbo charger which gives more power and speed during long RPM

• Aditya Bhatia |01 Aug,2010 04:22:17 PM

Can someone please help me ??? I have a peculiar problem with my car . I get a severe eye burning sensation when i sit in my car . Its iregular anbd it is unpreditable. It at times happen when the ignition is off and at times when its on. Sometimes would not happen when i drive for almost 500 kns but at times it just start the moment i sit in my car. There is no smell just the eye burning sensation.. Any suggestion anyone , it has been going to the service center every second week. I bought if in Feb 2010 (Linea Dynamic)

• Gopal Venugopal |10 Sep,2010 08:00:45 AM

It is most likely that your eyes are quiet sensitive to some of the output emission gases of even a silent engine. Human eyes are very sensitive to organic and volatile gasceous compounds. Try to pour few eye-drops in your eyes before you plan to drive; if the situation worsens, see an opthalmologist. Best of luck, Gopal