Powerhouse in a small packet

By for Chevrolet Spark 2017-01-20 04:23:33.0
  • Appearance

Hi All, I am posting this review for the car which I have been owning for the past 5 years.My experience with starts from me hunting for a car for my family. We had test drive all the possible cars which fit our requirements and needs.with all the cars chevy ticked all the boxes I was looking for. Lets start with the details of each and every section : Dimension: The car qualifies for a small hatchback and the dimension are near about the same as other small hatchbacks.The car looks small from outside and has small footprint.This gives us a very small car feel and also a short turning radius. The car offers decent space in the inside and has a tallboy seating position.you can comfortable sit 2 at the rear and 3 by bit of squeze at front it was the only car to comfortably accommodate my 6 foot frame. Instrument cluster is basic but handy with no feeling of being an aftermarket fitment. It is the car which has nearly 55% steel for added rigidity. Engine: The engine is a 1000 cc generating 65 bhp and 91 nm of torque overall.this is a spirited engine thanks to the system which supplies more torque when needed and hence you can even crawl the car at lower gears and it also helps in brisk acceleration. The gearbox is smooth but has a rubbery feeling to it.It has short gearing for the first two gears and is very helpful in dense traffic situations. Drive: The car has a great lower end hence sprinting to 80 kmph is a breeze post that the car takes its own sweet time to build speed and has a weak top end. The only let down to the car are the tires and brake as they do not provide the bite needed.The tires do not provide any grip and also have a lot of noise .It is better to replace the tires at the earliest. Hydraulic steering provides great response and feels good to handle. Mileage: The car provide me an average of 12 in city and 16 on highway.less as compared to other small hatches but It is a well compromise for the pick up and speed the car offers. Maintenance is on the lower side with 2500 RS asa normal cost of maintenance for a year. The car is also compatible with CNG kit and offers a decent performance with CNG.It also comes with company fitted CNG Kit. Overall it is a great experience to own a chevy as compared to other cars.

• david |27 Nov,2017 05:09:48 PM

Hi Sagar, thanks for the nice review. Except mileage everything is seems fine in this segment. By the way what is your opinion now after the chevys shutdown in India.