Good vehicle

By for Chevrolet Beat from bangalore 2011-01-30 13:28:28.0
  • Appearance

Pros : Good ride comfort/handling, auto ac, good comfort inside, very good interiors

Cons : Pickup not that great

Look and Style-The looks are very good its futuristic design attracts anybody. The interiors also look very good. The features like auto ac, fog lamps, amazing lighting dashboard/instrument cluster(particularly at night), boot lamp, 60:40 split seats are very good.

Comfort-The comfort is very good for a small family of 4 and an occasional 5th passenger is not such badly accommodated. All the controls are within easy reach of the driver and no issues. The music system sounds average and a better speakers upgrade will do good. Overall no issues regarding the comfort.

Pickup-I am a new car buyer and I think am not the right person to judge its pickup as I have not driven other cars. I found the pickup a little low but that's not an issue for me at all. It may even help in better mileage.

Overall- pickup and performance are ok for regular bumper to bumper city traffic and occasional highway ride.

Mileage-I have done only 300kms so far and right now I cannot judge its mileage. I had driven with 20%ac in Bangalore city and mileage seem to be well over 10kms/lit. So, I think it's not so bad either.

Best Features-The stock headlamps are very good and the brighter fog lamps only add to it. Auto ac works well. Boot lamp lights every time you open the boot(even at day time). Cool. Turning radius is very good, so for new car drivers like me, its a boon.

Overall Experience-I started searching for a new car from April 2010 and I finally came to Beat after seeing good ownership reports. I purchased the vehicle on Dec31st, 2010 with discount. Before purchasing the vehicle, I visited all the 3 showrooms in Bangalore and the response from each one is amazing. Believe me guys, each of the showroom guys are competing with each other in providing good customer experience. Finally, I purchased the vehicle at sundram motors because they were only having my fav color - sandrift gray. I was 100% satisfied with the pre-sales experience. The vehicle was delivered to me on 11th Jan 2011 and overall delivery experience was also pretty fantastic. The sales guys were regularly in touch with me and they are thoroughly professional. Then, yesterday, I had a small damage on my rear bumper and its replacement was also done at Trident service center.  The experience there was also very good.  So, my overall experience with Beat is very good so far and I am looking fwd for bright moments with my car ahead.

• Don't miss out on the festive offers this March
  • Amit |01 Feb,2011 02:19:52 PM

hi, i am planning 2 buy new beat. Can u tell me how much discount given by u from showroom... That will helpfull 4 me, during negotiation.... Thanx & Regrds

AMARNATH |01 Feb,2011 06:03:03 PM

Hi sir this AMARNATH FROM kropex chevrolet.thanku for looking chevy vehicle.contact me below contact no for test drive n other information.9663388814

M Srikanth |02 Feb,2011 01:58:56 PM

Hi Amit, i got 20k discount that was valid till dec 31st last year. Additionally i got 3k corporate discount. that's it

• Sameer |10 Feb,2011 04:26:20 PM

usually 4k-5k corporate discounts are given....

• sasi ram reddy |01 Mar,2011 05:47:41 PM

Dear car dekho, plz tell me that chev beat petrol come with new smarttech engine or old engine. coz gm launched smartech engine in feb. it will replace to existing engine? plz tell me new cars will come with smarttech new engine?...