Chevi Beat Diesel Proud Owner.

By for Chevrolet Beat from Bangalore 2011-09-14 10:36:15.0
  • Appearance

Pros : Pricing, Mileage, Great Looks, Value for Money

Cons : Boot Space

Look and Style : Excellent Comfort : Excellent. You don feel cramped in the back seat. Steering is feather light. Very responsive. Perfect AC. Pickup : Good pick up for a 1 Lite Engine. Cannot be compared with Swift's and Polo's etc Mileage : Roughly I am getting around 18kmpl in city, as I am learning to drive now. Will update the mileage I will get on HighWay on Monday : 19th Sep 2011. Best Features : You don feel like you are driving a 1 Litre engine. Well built car. Value for money. You can cruse at 130 Kmph easily on high ways. I did not feel any lags nor engine noise Needs to improve : Boot Space Overall Experience : Very Good. I love the car and good fun to drive.......:). I bought the car a month ago from Trident Jaynagar. Sales team NAVEEN, Finance Guy PRABHU assisted very well. Quick loan processing.  Excellent service. You have door to door pick up and drop for Vehicle Service at very low cost. I bet you wil be satisfied with CAR.....

• Ujjwal Kumar Bose |16 Sep,2011 04:37:54 PM

Good pick up for a 1 Lite Engine. Cannot be compared with Swift's and Polo's etc Mileage : Roughly I am getting around 12kmpl in city,

• nithin |03 Nov,2011 12:59:42 PM

hi guys,i m planning to buy a chevy beat diesel.wanted to know the pick up of the vehicle and the balance mileage.pls help me in this.i m really confused which one to opt.

Abhijit |03 Nov,2011 01:17:10 PM

Hi Nitin, Pick up is decent for a 1 litre engine what beat has. 58 bhp, on the lower side. But it does not matter much in the city and the highway too. I am getting 18 in the city and on highways its 21kmpl.

nithin |03 Nov,2011 01:27:06 PM

hi abhijit.thanks for that.which is the best opt LS or LT.

Abhijit |03 Nov,2011 01:33:10 PM

Hi Nitin, I have a Beat LS. It's within my budget. If you can afford 6.2 lakhs, you can go for an LT option, fully loaded one. Thanks, Abhijit

Vishwanath |10 Nov,2011 08:18:59 PM

go for it.

• sanjaya |15 Nov,2011 08:37:21 AM

Abhijit... can you please update your mileage now....its bit confusing on the mileage

• Abhijit |15 Nov,2011 09:29:41 AM

In CITY m getting around 18kmpl. HIGHWAY : 21kmpl

• mrinal |15 Nov,2011 09:36:51 AM

Hi Abhijit, in which city are you driving ? In Bangalore traffic I am getting 13 kmpl with AC on all the time, completed 2600 kms on the odometer. Here I hardly get a free stretch more than a km. And I do sudden acceleration and braking always.

deepesh |19 Nov,2011 04:41:50 PM

U r getting this milage with diesel?? Cn u ans becoz I m also thinking of buying this

mrinal |08 Feb,2012 08:00:52 PM

It might be too late to reply, I checked the site today only. I was getting 13kmpl mileage on Beat Diesel LT. Now after completing 6000kms I am getting around 15 kmpl with ACC on all the time.

• Abhijit |15 Nov,2011 10:54:25 AM

I am driving in Bangalore too. Highways mean Intra state. I have completed 2700kms as of now

mrinal |08 Feb,2012 08:06:48 PM

Most of the time I use the Old Airport road and never able to cross 40kmph and mostly drive in 2&3 gear. Now I am getting 15 kmpl. Service centre guys have promised to fix the problem ... anyways which area in Bangalore do you often drive and how is the traffic condition there ?

Abhijit |09 Feb,2012 03:14:42 PM

I usually drive through Nayandhalli, Coroporation as my office is in White field. But I do not drive daily, say twice a week.

mrinal |11 Feb,2012 01:56:05 AM

HI Abhijit, Today GM guys did the fuel efficiency test of my beat diesel LT on the old airport road with AC. We got 16.5 kmpl as traffic was less in the afternoon . When I told them about your mileage, they told that on outer ring road even I 'll get around 18-19. Anyways, thanks a lot for your precious replies till now.

• binu |17 Dec,2011 01:26:13 AM

For a first time buyer, do you suggest Beat Diesel?

• Abhijit |17 Dec,2011 09:29:46 PM

Hi Binu, I would suggest a Beat Diesel for a first time car buyer, as the first car u buy will always be precious.

• Chandra Sekhar |23 Dec,2011 04:18:15 PM

Hi Guys, I am planning to buy a car, i was looking for beat-Disel LT TDCI,Where the price is 5.8 with onroad. As this is my first car,i am really getting confusing to go this or not? I have consider the below points. 1.it is 1000 CC engine. 2.Not much of re-sale. Can you guys help me in clarifiying my doubts..plz Thanks & Regards, chandra sekhar

Syam Chandran |20 Jan,2012 01:24:50 PM

i am a beat user and completed 10000 kms in just 5 months :-( , i prefer to go ahead with beat diesel ls/lt as yet now it didn't trouble me in any sort be frank. go for it if you can compromise low luggage space and bit poor leg room....getting an avg mileage of 20 kmpl always.. be sure pump the fuel from good fuel dealers

• sumyajit |13 Jan,2012 03:19:14 PM

hey im plannin to buy BEAT diesel ps model wll it would be gud choice to buy it n haan plz sugest me the milleage guys its vry imp. for me

• Abhijit |24 Jan,2012 04:05:10 PM

Hi Sumyajit, It's definitely a good choice to buy it. I am getting 18kmpl in city.

• deepesh jain |09 Feb,2012 03:42:08 PM

I m getting 18-19 km in city and at highway I m gettin around 23. So it is good choice in diesel nd a good car too.

mrinal |11 Feb,2012 01:50:11 AM

Hi Deepesh, what is the traffic condition where u drive. For me General motors did fuel efficiency test today and we got result 16.5 kmpl with AC in the old airport road, Bangalore. They expected 17 kmpl before the test. Could you please tell about the traffic, AC on/off & road condition where you drive in city. Mostly in which gear u drive in the city ? On highway I got 23.3 kmpl in the test @ 110kmph constant speed.

deepesh |12 Feb,2012 04:10:42 PM

In udaipur city Too much traffic. Nd my car is 2 mnth old. Nd in city 3rd gear mostly in city Smtime heater on. Nd in prvous mnth jb me ahmdabad gaya tha my car gived the avg of 24 that tym but overall 23 coz my driving Speed is 120 on highway nd in city around 30.

Sathya |24 Apr,2012 05:09:12 PM

Hi deepesh, I bought beat diesel last month (mar 2012). I have given my vehicle for first service. After that also mileage is not coming up in highway (less than 20 only). Could you please explain me the reason. We used to drive 100KM speed.

Deepesh jain |01 May,2012 02:00:08 AM

dont be rough.....and be constant in speed... and it will take time to give avg at higway or in city...coz 1 mnth old.. so wait for 2-3 mnth...the car automatically gives the avg... and for all...if your not getting the milage in ur beat...their might be your driving can cause problms...

• kubendranath |15 Feb,2012 11:59:16 AM

Hi Everyone. Iam planning to buy Beat Diesel LS version. I need to know whether LS version have tild steering and driver seat adjustement? Please help me on it.

Abhijit |15 Feb,2012 03:47:08 PM

Hi, Beat LS does not have both the options you are looking out for. Beat LT has it.

• darshan |25 Feb,2012 12:29:12 AM

beat diesel is a good car... i got my beat diesel 50 days ago...getting 20kmpl avg....

• sanjeev sharma |26 Feb,2012 08:09:37 PM

Really this car is very good to drive. Rates are very competitiveness. Sales and services are very good of Chevrolet dealers.

• ravikiran |13 Mar,2012 07:31:39 PM

I have purchased Beat Diesel 6 months back, had crossed 7000 kms, its gives 25 KM mielage in Highways i.e from Hyderabad to Nizamabad. In city it gives 18 to 19 KM. I am very satisfied with the car. I had no issues till now.

abhijit |14 Mar,2012 11:49:02 AM

Awesome!!!!

• drpravin |02 Jan,2013 12:45:36 AM

Beat diesel is wonderful car to own. cheat on ur wallet . 1.0 lit engine gives u good pick up even on highways with good grip on road . Overtaking is not an issue with this car so far. Good look,good interiors. Drive first 2500 km at lower speed so that ur car mileage will be good in future at least for few services are done.

• govind |28 Feb,2013 11:17:52 PM

I am planning to buy beat diesel.An its my first car.. how is it for long journeys??...Is it stable if we go beyound 100kmph..

Abhijit |01 Mar,2013 03:45:03 PM

It is good for long journeys. It is capable of reaching more than 140 + with ease.

govind |02 Mar,2013 05:23:00 PM

But how about the stability of the car if we go above100?

Abhijit |04 Mar,2013 04:29:42 PM

It's good. I have an LS variant. I see no concerns in the stability and it has an efficient braking too. I you are too much concerned,it's good if you buy a BEAT LT Option which has an ABS and Air Bags.