Beat LT diesel review from an owner perspective

• Appearance

Pros : engine sound is very low

Cons : boot space

Look and Style a sporty look and an unconventional look always makes it different. Handles for the rear doors are catchy. I liked it therefore I bought it. Comfort very good upto 4--5hrs of continuous drive (highway) and beyond that its a bit unconfortable unlike innova and other SUV Pickup Initial pick up is low but once turbo opens up its fantastic and unbelievable. I loved my drive on the highway where I zoomed front of big cars without any hassles. Overtaking and braking were well supported in the speed. Mileage I have just completed 800km and its given me 15KM/L in city and 17KM/L in highway Best Featureshighway driving, front leg space and steering (very light) Needs to improve I would have loved more boot space as I felt the need when I packed a lot for my weekend trip. i shouldnt blame beat but just myself, but thats one thing I feel could improve. Also a remote central locking and reverse sensors would be good which I got it added by payng more. Overall Experience Let me be very honest, I really put the car for test by taking it on a long trip (800km) which included 200km of pathetic road conditions. I wanted to check mileage and stability during high speed. It passed in high colors. Road clearancy on bumpy road was good, very stable and good braking conditions even on 120km/hr. Mileage will defintely impove after couple of servicing So overall very satisfied with what i have bought. I bought it for city driving but testing in rainy, bumpy, narrow ghat sections, long and curvy roads has convinced me has a good value for money.

Comments Chevrolet Beat
  • ratnam satish sha |19 Aug,2011 06:59:54 PM

it is a good vehicle to drive I am very happy when I drive my beat car I request all the car taking customers before going other option pls try once and make decision. I am very honestly telling. But company has to improve their spares and service points.

• zaidi |23 Aug,2011 04:20:48 AM

first i purchased then given any comment

• Gibson |24 Aug,2011 12:54:27 AM

I test drove it today and it seems to be a very nimble and peppy sort of fun to drive vehicle and the suspension is well sorted out .. I would recommend this over the petrol anyday...

• huzaifa |24 Aug,2011 02:16:42 PM

test drive taken, i go till 140kmm goes steady without vibration, but want to ask why engine cc is lower in beat diesel, any particular reason for thatm which will affect later ,

• anil |25 Aug,2011 10:14:09 AM

Guys one update - My car music system got crashed in less than a month. After checking with Sundaram motors they couldnt do anything and they have promised to look at it during my first service :-(

anil |28 Aug,2011 10:24:39 PM

it has suddenly started working :-)

• ranjita |05 Sep,2011 03:15:06 PM

i want to purchase a car and i am confused in between beat diesel and new swift vxi. i like both. please suggest.

anil |10 Sep,2011 02:40:58 AM

Hi Ranjita, I have not analyzed new swift vxi so it would be wrong on my part to just appreciate beat. please have a look and come up with your criteria points and take a call.

nitin |30 Jul,2012 08:29:56 AM

i think u cannot compare beat n swift n tat too in petrol n diesel hatches i would suggest u to go for beat if u consider mileage n the car price s not so much ... n if u want more power pick up i suggest u to go for swift if u don't care about the mileage n u know the petrol prices r hiking like nething ... rest all features u cannot match with beat swift takes over... n the resale value is more fo maruthi suzuki vehicles think think test drive both n buy which s more convincing :)

• Rahul |12 Sep,2011 12:15:38 AM

Beat Diesel is a rubbish car Bcz as per technical terms that 1.0 lt. Diesel Engine is not sufficient for a Car with AC, after some month & year that car definitively given some problems.

Srinivas |30 Aug,2012 04:51:08 PM

did u take a test drive rahul,or do you own one its an awesome car with great pcikup and mileage.

• Gopinath |02 Oct,2011 03:36:10 PM

I have planned to purchase a chevy beat diesel LT optional. After a long research finally decided to go with beat. Let me know the minus points from the beat diesel car owners pls be open

• anil |08 Oct,2011 09:12:58 PM

just an update after long time - my mileage is 12kmpl with a/c on city conditions. i have started to feel agitated on beat diesel

mrinal |11 Feb,2012 02:14:19 AM

Hi Anil, Just get the fuel efficiency test done by General motors. Ask them to drive on the same road where you generally drive. I got it done today result was 16.5kmpl where as I was getting around 15 kmpl on the same road. There was a time when I was getting 12kmpl due to my redline gear shift habit :-)

• vinod |12 Oct,2011 09:18:29 PM

i am looking for a diesel car and confused b/w Beat and Ford Figo. PLzzzz Suggest...

namith |03 Dec,2011 10:32:19 PM

figo has more space but handling is better of the beat beat is cheaper and more fuel efficient i think you should go for beat

• mohammad nayeem |13 Oct,2011 11:41:06 PM

I'm planning to buy a diesel car for city driving(70km/day) Confused between beat diesel Lt and swift vdi... Pls help

Sarath |02 Jul,2012 07:45:17 PM

you cannot compare beat diesel and swift. swift is bigger, more powerful and very expensive compared to Beat. Go for Beat if you looking for economy. It is a good car and very friendly on your pocket.

• Unni |22 Nov,2012 05:25:43 PM

Hlo beat owners, pickup in the 1st n the 2nd gears can be improved by instaling ecu remping kit. Just vsit ur srvce cntre 4 more details. Perfrmce wil increase by 20% for the cheapest remaping kit. . . . It bcom 74.4 ps @ 4000 rpm.

• Sabith |23 Nov,2012 09:49:29 AM

i am planning to buy a deisel car.. Because i need a car with good mileage, power with good looking exterior . So confused between beat and nissan micra diesel. Will you please suggest which is more good??

Chevrolet Beat review scorecard