Chevy UVA LT Top end model with Air Bag/ABS

By for Chevrolet Aveo U VA 2013-03-04 10:27:51.0
  • Appearance

Pros : Feels that Strong Steel body

Cons : Gear Shift/esply reverse gear

**Chevy UVA LT top end** has come to my hand two years back on second hand, all these days i used to drive less than 100 KM in a month and car was kept almost ideal and seeing review's ,finding few vehicle's on road, i decided to sell this car. Last week i had a opportunity to drive 1200 KM (Pollachi to Courtralam, then Rameshwaram back to Pollachi)   with fully backed 5 seats with huge luggage. On high way UVA behavior is different, its going 120 KM and its  picking up 120 moment, (without AC) BRAKING is excellent. it has given me 16 KM 75% NON AC driving on high way. I feel that MARUTI,TATA,HUNDAI has come to market long back when there is no competitor,   first come first serve basis, they entered in to Indian road. Otherwise Chevy UVA is ok, but Indian road refused to accept Chevy UVA, i hope that SAIL UVA may hit. GM should concentrate on marketing,   many people dont know this Chevy UVA, at least SAIL UVA should reach Indian roads.  G.Dharmalingam, Pollachi.

• Prasenjit Dutta |10 Apr,2013 11:49:16 AM

I purchased UVA LS about 1 1/2 years back just for the reasons of ride comfort and interior space coupled with smoothness of the power that it delivers. Although the acceleration is a bit reluctant with AC on, this drawback can be acceptable as the engine capacity is 1.2 lit. Its road grip at speeds in excess of 120 kmph is remarkable. I'm in the habit of driving very fast on city roads as well on highways and find it very safe and predictable. Its fuel efficiency is admirable as per my experience with a mix of city & highway driving. Under my feet it delivers 13 to 14 kmpl with AC always on at low fan speed of 1 or 2. With any hired driver it delivers only 8 to 9 kmpl in city driving with AC on. The catch lies is not exceeding specified engine rpm in any gear. The maximum efficiency as I have quoted above under my feet relies on very fast gear shifts, avoiding unnecessary labouring or racing of the engine and not exceeding 3000 rpm/ 95 kmph. At higher speeds the car drinks a lot more petrol on highways and I have never achieved any better than 11 or 12 kmpl on highways if I speed up to 130 or 140 kmph. But that is just to be expected if I drive a 1.2 lit engine like a 4 lit engine! All said and done, its a great car for a small family with room for a 6th passenger as well if people are not obese. It does not have the frills flaunted by many other cars, but it looks very 'car-like' in the traditional sense of an aerodynamically designed car. The only drawback I see after running through 13K km in 1.5 years is that the suspension seems to have settled a bit and is no longer the 188 mm that they advertise. As a result, the chassis scrapes over harshly on even small but sharp humps if I am not very careful to actually crawl over the hump rather than crossing it smartly with a small bumping motion.

• mathur |02 Aug,2013 04:58:15 PM

I am a proud owner of Aveo-UVA for the last 41/2 years and it behaves excellently except for the reverse gear. I have travelled long distances & it gives me 17.5 Km on the highway (Without AC) and about 16 Km with AC travelling between 80 - 100 KMPH with 4 people sitting in it & full luggage. I have persistently run at 140 KMPH and it runs like butter on a smooth road; absolutely no wobbling or shaky steering. The ground clearance is little poor especially in a loaded car probably because of long wheel base. The central cross beam underneath tends to touch the city humps where most other cars smoothly pass by. On the whole it is a great car worth its price.