BMW has unveiled their latest crossover in the form of X2 which borrows design cues from the elder sibling X6 and the relatively newer X4 SUV. BMW has set the launch month for the crossover in March, 2018 without revealing which market it is for. BMW will place X2 above the already selling X1 and below the X3 SUV in its Indian product portfolio.
There will be two engines on offer which include a 2.0-litre diesel and a 2.0-litre petrol. The diesel engine will be available in two states of tune - 190PS/400Nm and 231PS/450Nm. It will be mated to an 8-speed Steptronic transmission. The petrol engine will deliver 192 PS of maximum power with 280 Nm of peak torque. It will be paired with a 7-speed dual-clutch unit.
When launched, BMW X2 will compete with the Mercedes-Benz GLC which was launched in India more than a year ago and has not had a direct rival. We expect a pricing of around Rs 40 lakh to Rs 55 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi) for the BMW X2.
BMW X2 models
Mileage of BMW X2
|Fuel Type||Transmission||ARAI Mileage|
Gallery of BMW X2
BMW X2 in News
Other Upcoming Cars
- Porsche CayenneRs. 1.04 - 2.44 Cr*Expected date: Jun 27, 2018
- Jeep CompassRs. 15.35 - 24.0 Lakh*Expected date: Jun 30, 2018
- Volvo XC40Rs. 43.0 Lakh*Expected date: Jul 04, 2018
- Ferrari PortofinoRs. 3.5 Cr*Expected date: Jul 19, 2018
- Mitsubishi OutlanderRs. 27.0 Lakh*Expected date: Jul 22, 2018
- Maruti Ertiga 2018Rs. 9.0 Lakh*Expected date: Aug 05, 2018