Do It Yourself (DIY) Repair Work That You Should Know and Undertake Regularly
Automobile Technology has made tremendous leaps in the last decade or so. No doubt, all these technical improvements have transformed the overall capability of our cars. Modern-day vehicles are superior from their older versions in almost every sense – you get more fuel efficiency, engines are more reliable, and chances of a mechanical breakdown are considerably less than the past.
On the flip side though all these changes have made things technically complicated and unlike the past, the list of things coming under “Do it yourself (DIY)” repair has reduced dramatically. For most of the maintenance work, one has to go to a qualified technician which in a sense is a good thing, however, there are a couple of things which still fall under the DIY category and you should undertake these tasks regularly to help your car run smoothly without any interruption.
1) Checking on air pressure: Maintaining the right air pressure in tires doesn’t sound a very significant thing to do but in reality, it makes a world of difference in the performance of your car. Keep a constant tab on the air pressure and use the recommended settings for the air pressure. Don’t have overinflated or underinflated tires as both things are detrimental for your car. Also, you can purchase a tire pressure gauge and inflator as both things help to make your journeys safer while enhancing the fuel efficiency of the car.
2) Inspection of tires: A closely related aspect to air pressure is regular inspection of your car’s tires. With the passage of time, all tires worn out though a regular inspection will make you aware of warning signals indicating premature damaged on wheels. Your driving habits also have a considerable influence on the tires which means driving unhurriedly, in a more sedate manner will help to lengthen the life of tires. When it comes to replacement of tires, it should be done in pairs – either replace all the four tires or replace in a set of two rather than buying an individual tire.
3) Checking the fluids: A study of the owner’s manual of your car will provide information about the critical fluids responsible for the proper functioning of your car. Some of these fluids include engine oil, coolant, and brake oil among others. You should check the level of all these fluids at a regular interval and especially before heading for a long journey, make sure to raise the bonnet and look underneath if some fluid is lacking. Of course, you can get an indication about the low levels of fluids from the different kinds of warning lights that modern car comes equipped with but checking fluid levels yourself is a good habit that you should stick with.
4) Spare tire and tool kit: Cars today come with tubeless tires. This means even in the punctured state once you inflate the tire, you can drive the car for a decent distance. This makes the use of spare tire almost redundant and also explains why most of us are oblivious of the condition of the spare tire. However, this convenience doesn’t mean that you should not focus on the condition of the spare tire. There might be some instances when you have to change the tire immediately and then the availability of a fully functional spare tire comes as a boon. Along with the properly inflated spare tire, make sure you have a tire changing tool kit that you might require in case of an emergency situation.
5) Changing fuse: There might be a situation when one or another electrical component of the car is not working. One of the possible reasons behind it could be the blown fuse which you can easily replace by referring to the owner’s manual of the car. The manual has a complete detail of the fuse box providing information about various fuses and electrical components. The manual also has the details about the ampere capacity of each fuse which will help you to find an exact replacement of the blown fuse. It is recommended that you should replace the fuse with exactly the same specification mentioned on the fuse box. This is required in order to prevent any kind of damages to the wiring system of the car.
6) Replacing wiper blades: Wipers are an important component of the car and their importance becomes particularly significant in the rainy season. Wiper blades tend to wear with use and early signs of degradation appear in the form of noisy wiper operation and poor visibility. Fortunately, the replacement of wipers can be done in minutes and you can do it yourself. Remember, continuing with the worn-out wiper could possibly damage the windshield permanently and therefore, you should replace the worn wipers without any unnecessary delay.
7) Tire rotation: It is recommended that every 10,000 km you should rotate the tires – bringing back tires to the front and putting front ones in the back. This will help you to achieve even wear on all four tires which will ultimately contribute to enhancing the overall life of the tires.
Benefits of following DIY procedures
All the points mentioned above should be followed primarily because of three reasons. First, these DIY repair points will help you realize the importance of your car and strengthen your relationship with your vehicle – you will realize that your car is more than just a vehicle taking you from Point A to Point B. In addition to enhancing emotional bonding, DIY measures are a great way to save money and you’ll also able to choose the quality of the things you are going to put in your car.
More importantly, these measures will help you to maintain your car in a proper form which, in turn, will help you to get a good value when you sell your car. And if you are planning to put out your car for a sale, CarDekho Gaadi is a perfect platform that provides a one-stop solution for your all car selling requirements. You can sell your car in a single visit to CarDekho Gaadi and they’ll get you the best value for your used car. In addition, CarDekho Gaadi offers a host of value added services that make them one of the most trusted and loved car selling platforms in the country. So, what you are waiting for, visit https://www.cardekho.com/ or call on 1800-12345-2323 to talk to an executive for any query.
Also Read:- 5 Reasons Why Car Valuation is Important for Selling Your Car
- New Car Insurance - Save Upto 75%* - Simple. Instant. Hassle Free - (InsuranceDekho.com)
- Health Insurance Policy - Buy Online & Save Big! - (InsuranceDekho.com)