One lovely Multi Pleasure Vehicle !

By for Toyota Innova 2016-11-22 12:24:22.0
  • Appearance

Years back when the much hit vehicle from Toyota, The Qualis, (originally Toyota Kijang) came to India, not many knew that the third generation of the previously launched Toyota Kijang in Indonesia, would soon became one of the most popular car in the country. Even though critiqued for an outdated design, it didn’t seem to affect the sales of the MPV (Multi-Purpose Vehicle) – be it as city taxis or as personal vehicles.

Toyota pulled the plug on Qualis in 2004 only to give birth to another beautiful range of MPVs – Innova. Strangely as it was observed, the demand of Qualis, as used cars and as taxis rose significantly after being discontinued by Toyota.

Back then, I owned a top end, misty beige Hyundai Accent which was a good buy - a sporty sedan with enough power and stability to push through 140kmph+ with ease. I was beginning to look for alternatives and that’s when I when I fell in love with the next best thing in the succeeding range of cars. Innova, the vehicle that can carry up to 8 adults, is more comfortable and is non-tiring to drive in city’s excruciating traffic or long rides unlike Accent where the bucket seats were seated lower than other cars causing stresses on the lower back and this drive comfortability is a huge positive personally, as my father rarely complains of his hurting back when he’s at the back of the wheel driving our Innova!

I’ll be reviewing the 2011 top end model of Toyota Innova which I’ve had and how proud I am of buying it.

EXTERIOR

Coming from the Qualis, it’s a considerable and a noted upgrade, be it – under the hood changes or dimensions. However, the 2011 model from 2005 has very few exterior upgrades - muscular, if I may and premium chrome grills all over making it aesthetically lovable and appreciable. The idea of making it a bit more aggressive & muscular than the previous mellow, was a bang on spot as it clicked.

Newer tail lamps were bigger – taller and wider than before with a sporty real spoiler which are some of the critical areas of changes from the first generation of Innova.

INTERIOR

The biggest selling point here is the amount of space offered inside the MPV which is not likely to be seen elsewhere. The top model comes is furnished with light coloured wood, giving it a premium feel on the arm rest with quality fabrics on the seats which are the optimum cushiony one would love to sit on.

I’ve never had to change the fabric in my car but quality leather does add a more premium feel to it.

The entertainment system, though lacks lustre, does the work. I recently installed Sony touchscreen system with rear camera and sensors and now the upgradation feels like my car is no lesser than any car from 2016!

TECHNICAL ASPECTS AND DRIVING

Four cylinder with Intercooler Turbocharger, Innova has a 5 speed gear box with Maximum torque of 200 @ 1200 – 3600 rpm and produces 100 HP and this 4 wheel drive vehicle hoards a magnanimous 2.5 L engine!!

This MPV handles roads, traffic and highways majestically, good quality rides mixed with riders comfort makes it the better of the other opponents. This vehicle is not made to over clock, or to burn tires by ripping it at higher rpms. This is a very mature and powerful vehicle and should be only driven the way its designed and fit to be. No much changes have been made with respect to this aspect from the previous generation of Innova

CONCLUSION

This smooth running vehicle is known for ride quality, driver’s comfortability and that’s where it has struck gold in India. Indians are more family oriented and we travel in groups, with large families around and this car is the perfect suit Indians needed after Qualis. Though I paid about 15 lakhs for my version back in 2011, I am a very happy customer till date and even though I feel the current Innova Crysta may have gone a little overboard with the pricing, the only lack lustre interior problems Innova had has been completely taken care of and given the positive feedback from users, investing in the new Crysta is going to be a pretty good choice.

From a satisfied Toyota Customer